[ANN] kwaff1.0.0 - a pretty tool to make XML as easy as YAML to read/write

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Makoto Kuwata, Jun 30, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have released Kwaff 1.0.0.
    http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwaff/

    Kwaff is a pretty tool to convert Kwaff format document
    into XML document, and also convert XML into Kwaff.
    Kwaff format is very friendly for human to read and write
    than XML. It makes XML as easy as YAML to read and write.

    Example:

    example.kwaff
    --------------------
    * html
    - lang = en
    * body
    * h1 = Title
    * ul
    - class = foo
    * li = text1
    * li = text2
    --------------------

    convert:
    ====================
    $ kwaff example.kwaff > example.xml
    ====================

    example.xml
    --------------------
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <h1>Title</h1>
    <ul class="foo">
    <li>text1</li>
    <li>text2</li>
    </ul>
    --------------------

    See users' guide and examples for detail about Kwaff format.

    * Kwaff Users' Guide
    http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwaff/users-guide.html

    * Kwaff Examples
    http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwaff/examples.html

    ---
    regards
    kwa
    Makoto Kuwata, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Makoto Kuwata

    James Britt Guest

    Re: [ANN] kwaff1.0.0 - a pretty tool to make XML as easy as YAMLto read/write

    Makoto Kuwata wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have released Kwaff 1.0.0.
    > http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwaff/
    >
    > Kwaff is a pretty tool to convert Kwaff format document
    > into XML document, and also convert XML into Kwaff.
    > Kwaff format is very friendly for human to read and write
    > than XML. It makes XML as easy as YAML to read and write.

    I looked at the guide, but didn't see anything about entities. How does
    it handle them?

    And is there a mechanism for validation against a Kwaff DTD or schema
    (or the equivalent)?

    Thanks,

    James
    James Britt, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Thanks James,

    James Britt wrote:
    > I looked at the guide, but didn't see anything about entities. How does
    > it handle them?

    Currently not supported.
    I'll support it in the future.

    > And is there a mechanism for validation against a Kwaff DTD or schema
    > (or the equivalent)?

    No.
    I don't have a plan to support it, because Kwaff is not a
    XML parser (it is just a converter into XML to make it
    easy for human to read/write XML) and I don't have enough
    skill to embed schema mechanism in Kwaff.

    --
    regards
    kwa
    Makoto Kuwata, Jul 1, 2005
  4. Makoto Kuwata

    Makoto Kuwata wrote:
    > Thanks James,
    >
    > James Britt wrote:
    >
    >>I looked at the guide, but didn't see anything about entities. How does
    >>it handle them?

    > Currently not supported.
    > I'll support it in the future.

    Sweet.