ANN Linux version of lcc-win

jacob navia

The lcc-win compiler has been ported to the Linux OS.

The package is available at:
http://www.q-software-solutions.de/products/lcc-linux32/index.shtml

There are some problems still with this version, specially when
compiling the non conforming system headers that are adapted to
gcc.

The lcc headers (in the include directory of the distribution)
should go into /usr/include/lcc.

The resulting object files (.o) should be linked with the
system linker (gcc).

Keith Thompson

jacob navia said:
The lcc-win compiler has been ported to the Linux OS.

The package is available at:
http://www.q-software-solutions.de/products/lcc-linux32/index.shtml

There are some problems still with this version, specially when
compiling the non conforming system headers that are adapted to
gcc.

The lcc headers (in the include directory of the distribution)
should go into /usr/include/lcc.

Can this location be changed? If I'm going to install this, I want
everything to go under a single directory; I don't want to put stuff
under /usr/include.
The resulting object files (.o) should be linked with the
system linker (gcc).

gcc can invoke the system linker. Probably you can either use gcc or
just invoke ld directly (IMHO the latter makes more sense).
lcc-linux32 would be easier to use if its driver were able to invoke
ld itself, just as gcc's driver does.

Followups redirected to comp.compilers.lcc (feel free to override if
appropriate).