ANN Linux version of lcc-win

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by jacob navia, Oct 5, 2007.

  1. jacob navia

    jacob navia Guest

    The lcc-win compiler has been ported to the Linux OS.

    The package is available at:
    http://www.q-software-solutions.de/products/lcc-linux32/index.shtml

    There are some problems still with this version, specially when
    compiling the non conforming system headers that are adapted to
    gcc.

    The lcc headers (in the include directory of the distribution)
    should go into /usr/include/lcc.

    The resulting object files (.o) should be linked with the
    system linker (gcc).

    --
    jacob navia
    jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr

    jacob navia, Oct 5, 2007

  2. jacob navia <> writes:
    > The lcc-win compiler has been ported to the Linux OS.
    >
    > The package is available at:
    > http://www.q-software-solutions.de/products/lcc-linux32/index.shtml
    >
    > There are some problems still with this version, specially when
    > compiling the non conforming system headers that are adapted to
    > gcc.
    >
    > The lcc headers (in the include directory of the distribution)
    > should go into /usr/include/lcc.

    Can this location be changed? If I'm going to install this, I want
    everything to go under a single directory; I don't want to put stuff
    under /usr/include.

    > The resulting object files (.o) should be linked with the
    > system linker (gcc).

    gcc can invoke the system linker. Probably you can either use gcc or
    just invoke ld directly (IMHO the latter makes more sense).
    lcc-linux32 would be easier to use if its driver were able to invoke
    ld itself, just as gcc's driver does.

    Followups redirected to comp.compilers.lcc (feel free to override if
    appropriate).

    Keith Thompson, Oct 5, 2007