[ANN] net-http-persistent 1.4.1 Released

Clifford Heath

Eric said:
net-http-persistent version 1.4.1 has been released!

Nice one, Eric!

Just a quick question: Does this support pipelining?
Meaning where I can fire off a request, and before
waiting for a response, fire off another one, then
read both responses (or auto-fire the second one again
if the server dropped it)?

If it doesn't support pipelining, would that require
an API change, or just an implementation detail?

I've always wondered why browsers didn't make more use
of pipelining, it's a great way to reduce latency.

Clifford Heath.

Clifford Heath

Bump?

Clifford said:
Nice one, Eric!

Just a quick question: Does this support pipelining?
Meaning where I can fire off a request, and before
waiting for a response, fire off another one, then
read both responses (or auto-fire the second one again
if the server dropped it)?

If it doesn't support pipelining, would that require
an API change, or just an implementation detail?

I've always wondered why browsers didn't make more use
of pipelining, it's a great way to reduce latency.

Clifford Heath.

Clifford Heath

Mike said:
If you're looking for multiple concurrent HTTP connections, take a look at
Paul Dix's typhoeus: http://github.com/pauldix/typhoeus

Cool project, but not what I mean.

Pipelining means sending more than one HTTP request down the socket
at a time, before reading back the first response. It's a way to
reduce TCP latencies, beyond keep-alive.

Clifford Heath.