[ANN] net-ldap 0.1.0

Austin Ziegler

I have two things to announce today. The first is that net-ldap version
0.1.0 has been released!

The second is that net-ldap development is not an ex-parrot. Thanks to
Kaspar Schiess and Rory O'Connell, we're going to see some renewed life
in Net::LDAP. Francis and I are also around to provide advice and moral
support.

The official gem name has been changed from ruby-net-ldap to net-ldap,
so if you're still depending on ruby-net-ldap, you will not get
upgrades.

Official development is on Rory's github tree, although I have been
working for the last week on my tree (halostatue) to incorporate a
number of changes from other forks on GitHub. If you have any other
changes that you believe should be put into Net::LDAP, please get them
to us. Currently, if you look at the ldap-filter branch on GitHub
(currently on my repo, soon to be on Rory's repo), you will see what we
hope to release in April as version 0.2 or 0.3, but we need more eyes
and testers on this to be certain it's good.

Longer term, we're going to consolidate on one testing framework (which
one is up for discussion; we all have our preferences) and figuring out
what Net::LDAP 1.0 looks like and our plan to 1.0.

For the moment, we're still using the RubyForge tracker, so any issues
you find, please put there. We may move to a GitHub-based tracker or
something else, but this has not yet been discussed, and there's a
number of defects and patches that need to be addressed that are present
in the RubyForge tracker first.

Please note that I do not follow ruby-core closely anymore, and I don't
know whether anyone else on the Net::LDAP team does, either. If you have
issues, please make sure you report them on RubyForge, where I will be
monitoring periodically.

* <http://net-ldap.rubyforge.org/>
* <http://github.com/RoryO/ruby-net-ldap>

Pure Ruby LDAP library.

Changes:

### Net::LDAP 0.1.0 / 2010-03-08
* Small fixes throughout, more to come.
* Ruby 1.9 support added.
* Ruby 1.8.6 and below support removed. If we can figure out a compatible w=
ay
to reintroduce this, we will.
* New maintainers, new project repository location. Please see the README.t=
xt.

### Net::LDAP 0.0.5 / 2009-03-xx
* 13 minor enhancements:
* Added Net::LDAP::Entry#to_ldif
* Supported rootDSE searches with a new API.
* Added [preliminary (still undocumented) support for SASL authentication=

botp

I have two things to announce today. The first is that net-ldap version
0.1.0 has been released!

thanks for this.
btw, very nice doc, is that rdoc?

kind regards -botp