[ANN] New Ruby Implementation - Brobinius

Aaron Patterson

Brobinius version 1.0.0 has been released!

* <http://brobinius.org/>
* <http://tenderlovemaking.com/>
* <[email protected]>

I am happy to annouce the first release of my new fork of Ruby called
Brobinius. The goal of Brobinius is to implement new language features
that I have noticed to be completely missing.

For example, Object#tase! The tase method is featured in many other languages
but is sadly missing from Ruby. Brobinius has a fully implemented tase! method.
RuntimeError: Don't tase me bro
from (irb):2:in `tase!'
from (irb):6
Brobinius also has fully serializable kittenuations. You can create and
serialize your kittenuations, then pick up your snuggling where you left off.
For example:

Since Brobinius's kittenuations are serializable, you can share them over the
network with friends!

Brobinius also features screencasts with automatic YouTube uploads. All you
have to do write your program, then pass the --screencast option to Brobinius.
Brobinius will automatically create a screencast of your program and upload it
to YouTube:

$ brobinius --screencast my_code.rb

You can even add the --geoff flag to create screencasts with Geoffrey
Grosenbach doing the voice over.

* <http://brobinius.org/>
* <http://tenderlovemaking.com/>
* <[email protected]>