[ANN] November Phoenix Ruby User Group Meeting

James Britt

November Phoenix Ruby User Group Meeting

When: Monday, November 9, 2009
6:30pm door open. Laptop power and WiFi available.
7:00pm Showtime
8:15pm Migrate to Havana Cafe *** SEE NOTE BELOW! ***

Topic: Game development

Logan Barnett and Jay McGavren will be speaking at
RubyConf2009 about Jemini, a JRuby game development
framework. We’ll get a preview of this talk, and some
sweet demos.

Where: Target Training International offices
17785 N. Pacesetter Way
Scottsdale AZ, 85255
http://is.gd/7h7L

101 Freeway to Princess Drive; 2 blocks to Pacesetter
North on Pacesetter to TTI at 17785
Drive around to the back to meeting room entrance

**** IMPORTANT ****

If you have not been to the meeting before PLEASE view
this satellite image showing the location of the meeting
room entrance:

http://www.rubyaz.org/images/tti_sat.png

The door says "TTI University"

If you get lost, call James at 480 236 4136

Note that sometimes the meeting is in the front of the complex.
If you find yourself round back and there seems to be
no activity there, please try the front door.

Whenever possible, any such changes will be announced, and
the Web site updated, and probably twittered, and then
yelled from the hilltops.

Discussion, food, drink:

Remi of rockin' DevFu asked if, for old time's sake, the gang
could dine at Havana Cafe on Bell and 64th st.

Havana Cafe was the old after-meeting food+drinks spot when the
group was first rolling.

http://is.gd/4yhLm

I (James Britt) would love this, and hope others are up for
it as well.

Yes, it's a bit more pricey than Four Peaks, but consider it
a once-in-a-blue-moon treat.

Also, we'll need to get butts there by 8:15-8:30 so the kitchen
doesn't close and make us sad.

The Phoenix Ruby Users Group meets at 6:30pm on the second Monday of
each month, barring holidays. Information may be found at www.rubyaz.org.

Thanks,

James Britt