ANN: pkpgcounter v1.50 is out

Jerome Alet

Hi there,

I'm very pleased to announce the immediate availability of
pkpgcounter v1.50

pkpgcounter is a 100% Python generic Page Description Language
parser which can count the number of pages in documents.

pkpgcounter currently recognizes the following PDLs :

- PostScript (DSC compliant and binary)
- PDF
- PCLXL (aka PCL6)
- PCL3/4/5
- ESC/P2

pkpgcounter is distributed under the terms of the GNU General
Public License of the Free Software Foundation, and can be
downloaded freely from :

http://www.librelogiciel.com/software/pkpgcounter/action_Presentation

summary of changes :

- big modifications to the code to split the utility into a command
line tool and a Python library.

- several improvements to the PDL parsers.

- the --debug command line option demonstrate the beginning of
what will be available in the future.

if any of you have the specifications of other Page Description Languages
that you'd like to see recognized by pkpgcounter, please let me know.

comments and contributions are more than welcome.

thank you for reading

Jerome Alet