ANN: (product) New Ruby IDE Mondrian looking for beta testers

Oliver Smith

Hello! This is simultaneously to announce the launch of a product website
and to see if anyone out there wants to test a beta version of my new
commercial IDE for Ruby, Mondrian. Check out the website at
http://www.mondrian-ide.com, maybe look at the screenshots and read the in
depth information, and if you're willing to spend some time with the program
and tell me how it feels, click on the beta test banner on the top left.

A brief overview:

* Mondrian is a Ruby IDE for Windows and Linux, written with the FOX GUI
toolkit.
* It has the ability to let you create and manage Ruby projects and files
* It has a dynamic object browser that shows you an overview of your
project's files and objects
* It has syntax highlighting using a native Ruby parser
* It allows you to run files and projects, and reports error status back to
you on interrupt

The beta version has most of the functionality the release version 1.0 will
have. There are a few features yet to be implemented in the program and the
parser, but I would rather not mention them here so I can see which features
people use. Mondrian is hopefully pretty stable at this point, but it has
been tested mostly on Windows so I would like to get some more Linux
feedback before we release; i.e. does it conform to your expectations?

Thanks! Let me know what you think!

Oliver Smith
http://www.mondrian-ide.com

Simon Strandgaard

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 07:28:24 +0900, Oliver Smith wrote:
[snip]
* Mondrian is a Ruby IDE for Windows and Linux, written with the FOX GUI
toolkit.
* It has the ability to let you create and manage Ruby projects and files
* It has a dynamic object browser that shows you an overview of your
project's files and objects
* It has syntax highlighting using a native Ruby parser
* It allows you to run files and projects, and reports error status back to
you on interrupt

Looks similar to FreeRIDE, and the specs also. Is this a commercial
improvement to FreeRIDE ? Or is it developed from scratch?

How much effort have you put into it?