[ANN] pylint 0.14 / logilab-astng 0.17.2

Sylvain Thénault

Hi there!

I'm pleased to announce a new release of pylint [1] and logilab-astng
[2]. I haven't personally found a lot of time to work on those projects
since the latest releases but others contributors have and so I decided
to publish releases including various contributions and other minor bug
or crash fixes (some of which were pending for a while now). You're
greatly encouraged to upgrade, see projects'changelog for more
information about what changed.

[1] http://www.logilab.org/projects/pylint
[2] http://www.logilab.org/projects/logilab-astng

Many thanks to every people who contributed!

regards,

Ben Finney

Sylvain Thénault said:
I'm pleased to announce a new release of pylint [1] and logilab-astng
[2]. I haven't personally found a lot of time to work on those projects
since the latest releases but others contributors have and so I decided
to publish releases including various contributions and other minor bug
or crash fixes (some of which were pending for a while now). You're
greatly encouraged to upgrade, see projects'changelog for more
information about what changed.

Thanks very much for this.

Can you please give an overview of the major user-visible changes?
That will help in convincing people to upgrade.

rt

Sylvain Thénault said:
I'm pleased to announce a new release of pylint [1] and logilab-astng
[2]. I haven't personally found a lot of time to work on those projects
since the latest releases but others contributors have and so I decided
to publish releases including various contributions and other minor bug
or crash fixes (some of which were pending for a while now). You're
greatly encouraged to upgrade, see projects'changelog for more
information about what changed.

Thanks very much for this.

Can you please give an overview of the major user-visible changes?
That will help in convincing people to upgrade.

The change log has this:

2008-01-14 -- 0.14.0
* fix #3733: Messages (dis)appear depending on order of file names
* fix #4026: pylint.el should require compile
* fix a bug in colorized reporter, spotted by Dave Borowitz
* applied patch from Stefan Rank to avoid W0410 false positive
when multiple "from __future__" import statements
* implement #4012: flag back tick as deprecated (new W0333
message)
* new ignored-class option on typecheck checker allowing to skip
members checking based on class name (patch provided by Thomas W Barr)

More important for me was the fix for the 'with' statement crash in
logilab-astng-0.17.2

2008-01-14 -- 0.17.2
* "with" statement support, patch provided by Brian Hawthorne
* fixed recursion arguments in nodes_of_class method as notified
by Dave Borowitz
* new InstanceMethod node introduced to wrap bound method (eg
Function node), patch provided by Dave Borowitz