[ANN] rdoc 2.0.0 Released

Eric Hodel

rdoc version 2.0.0 has been released!

* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/rdoc/>
* <http://rdoc.rubyforge.org/rdoc/>

RDoc is an application that produces documentation for one or more
Ruby source
files. RDoc includes the `rdoc` and `ri` tools for generating and
displaying
online documentation.

At this point in time, RDoc 2.x is a work in progress and may incur
further
API changes beyond what has been made to the RDoc 1.0.1. Command-line
tools
are largely unaffected, but internal APIs may shift rapidly.

Changes:

### 2.0.0 / 2008-04-10

* 3 Major Enhancements:
* Renamespaced everything RDoc under the RDoc module.
* New `ri` implementation.
* Reads from a cache in ~/.ri/ for enhanced speed.
* RubyGems aware, only searches latest gem versions.
* Now up to over 100 tests and 200 assertions.
* 4 Minor Enhancements:
* Switched to an ERb-based TemplatePage, see RDoc::TemplatePage.
* Class/module ri now displays attribute and constant comments.
* Cross-references can be disabled with a leading \.
* Relaxed parsing for some RDoc inline markup.

* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/rdoc/>
* <http://rdoc.rubyforge.org/rdoc/>

Agile Laurel

Eric said:
[...]

up

visit a rubyonrails website :http://www.rorchina.net
wolf union program club :http://wolf.rorchina.net
China Rubyonrails club: http://bbs.rorchina.net

James Tucker

[...]

Yesssss...

Thank you so much! Bravo!

Gordon Thiesfeld

rdoc version 2.0.0 has been released!

* Cross-references can be disabled with a leading \.

Eric,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but cross-references to what? Could
you elaborate?

Anyway, thanks. This is great.

Gordon

Jeremy McAnally

To other classes, files, methods, etc. For example, if you use the
word "find" in AR::Base's docs, it will link to the docs for the
AR::Base.find method.

--Jeremy

--
http://jeremymcanally.com/
http://entp.com

Read my books:
Ruby in Practice (http://manning.com/mcanally/)
My free Ruby e-book (http://humblelittlerubybook.com/)

Or, my blogs:
http://mrneighborly.com
http://rubyinpractice.com

Gordon Thiesfeld

To other classes, files, methods, etc. For example, if you use the
word "find" in AR::Base's docs, it will link to the docs for the
AR::Base.find method.

--Jeremy

Got it. Thanks!

Lars

rdocversion 2.0.0 has been released!

Maybe I am overlooking something, but shouldn't this work?:

C:\>ri File.new
Updating class cache with 744 classes...
Nothing known about File.new

It worked before installing rdoc 2.0.0 (using gems, with otherwise
clean Windows One-Click installer (1.8.6-26))

Lars

matt neuburg

Lars said:
Maybe I am overlooking something, but shouldn't this work?:

C:\>ri File.new
Updating class cache with 744 classes...
Nothing known about File.new

Try

ri File::new

I'm not a big fan of lazy dot-notation in any case... :) m.

Lars Christensen

Hrm, it is a bug, can one of you file it for me so I don't forget?
Thanks.

I filed it at RubyForge, including another regarding links in the
generated HTML. Many bugs there are very old; are anyone looking at
them?

Lars