[ANN] Rio 0.3.4

Stefan Lang

I also see a similar problem with 0.3.4 but I installed it the old
fashioned way not using gem... (0.3.3 works fine BTW)

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rio/ops/either.rb:110:in
`require': No such file toload -- Pathname (LoadError)

The "pathname" library comes with Ruby. Perhaps rio was tested
on Windows only, which ignores case in file names. Thus, on
Windows both work: require 'pathname and require 'Pathname',
but on Linux, only the former works (since Linux file systems
are case sensitive).

HTH,
Stefan

Jim Morris

Yep that was it, good catch!!

Stefan said:
The "pathname" library comes with Ruby. Perhaps rio was tested
on Windows only, which ignores case in file names. Thus, on
Windows both work: require 'pathname and require 'Pathname',
but on Linux, only the former works (since Linux file systems
are case sensitive).

HTH,
Stefan

rio4ruby

Cygwin, actually, which has the same behaviour regarding the
case-sensitivity of paths. I have changed the offending (and
offensive) require statement. Great catch.

Cheers
-Christopher