[ANN] Ruby Editor Plugin for jEdit 0.6.7

Rob .

Version 0.6.7 of jEdit's Ruby Editor Plugin has been released and is
available for download at:

http://www.jedit.org/ruby/

This release contains numerous small improvements and bugfixes to
existing functionality. Method completion is now more clever when it
comes to inserting parentheses, e.g. it doesn't add them for methods
ending in '?' or '=3D'. The "auto indent and insert end" action has been
improved to handle trailing conditional expressions and assignments to
conditional expressions.

Feedback is always welcome. If you're using the jEdit Ruby Editor
Plugin please blog about it or give it a del.icio.us bookmark
<http://www.jedit.org/ruby/>. Thanks.

Cheers,
Rob

Thorsten Busse

Hi,

Rob . meinte:
Version 0.6.7 of jEdit's Ruby Editor Plugin has been released and is
available for download at:

Great. Maybe already discussed: are you thinking about a interface to the
ruby debugger? That would be a great feature!

Cheers,

- Thorsten

Rob .

Thorsten said:
Rob . meinte:
=20
Great. Maybe already discussed: are you thinking about a interface to the
ruby debugger? That would be a great feature!

Adding debugger support is not at the top of my list of new features
to implement. Personally I try to do test-first development by writing
unit tests alongside new code, which in my experience reduces the need
for running a debugger. When I get stuck using 'irb' often helps me
out.

If anyone would like to work on adding debugger support to jEdit's
Ruby Editor Plugin, please get in contact with me. The plugin is
written in Java and is released as free software under the GNU General
Public License (GPL).

Rob
http://www.jedit.org/ruby/ - jEdit's Ruby Editor Plugin