[ANN] RubyGems 1.0.0

Eric Hodel

For sure, I can reproduce the problem if i return back to rubygems
0.9.2
and updating again to 1.0.1 with gem update --system.

I attached the complete log.

Attachments:

Use `gem1.8`.

I will add a note about the name of `gem` in the next revision of
RubyGems.

Jonathan Hernandez

Eric said:
Use `gem1.8`.

I will add a note about the name of `gem` in the next revision of
RubyGems.

Yes, using gem1.8 works nice.

# gem1.8 -v
1.0.1

Short workaround for others in the same situation. Do a symlink:

mv /usr/bin/gem /usr/bin/gem.bak
ln -s /usr/bin/gem1.8 /usr/bin/gem

Regards,

John Pywtorak

Thanks Eric,

Can I see `gem env` output?
emailagent@:~$ gem env
RubyGems Environment:
- VERSION: 0.9.4 (0.9.4)
- INSTALLATION DIRECTORY:
/usr/local/home/emailagent/ruby-1_8_4/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
- GEM PATH:
- /usr/local/home/emailagent/ruby-1_8_4/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
- REMOTE SOURCES:
- http://gems.rubyforge.org

Also, what version of RubyGems was used to build the gem? 0.9.5