[ANN] RubyZilla - A demo movie for Ruby-GNOME2 and Glade2

Gyoung-Yoon Noh

Hi,

Nice demo. I'm also a big fan of vnc2swf by Yusuke Shinyama.
However, your svga-sized swf animation would not fit others' browser
settings. There is already tool for this problem: swfdump which
is included in swftool package(maybe).

swfdump can generates following html with your swf.

<OBJECT CLASSID=3D"clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
WIDTH=3D"1024"
HEIGHT=3D"768"
CODEBASE=3D"http://active.macromedia.com/flash5/cabs/swflash.cab#version=
=3D5,0,0,0">
<PARAM NAME=3D"MOVIE" VALUE=3D"rubyzilla.swf">
<PARAM NAME=3D"PLAY" VALUE=3D"true">
<PARAM NAME=3D"LOOP" VALUE=3D"false">
<PARAM NAME=3D"QUALITY" VALUE=3D"high">
<EMBED SRC=3D"rubyzilla.swf" WIDTH=3D"1024" HEIGHT=3D"768"
PLAY=3D"true" ALIGN=3D"" LOOP=3D"true" QUALITY=3D"high"
TYPE=3D"application/x-shockwave-flash"
PLUGINSPAGE=3D"http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
</EMBED>
</OBJECT>

Gyoung-Yoon Noh

Hi,

Nice demo. I'm also a big fan of vnc2swf by Yusuke Shinyama.
However, your svga-sized swf animation would not fit others' browser
settings. There is already tool for this problem: swfdump which
is included in swftool package(maybe).

s/svga/xga/

Sorry for noise.

Christophe Grandsire

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

--Apple-Mail-3--748199136
delsp=yes;
format=flowed

Hi,

A demo flash movie for Ruby-GNOME2 and Glade2
is now available.
It creates a simple web-browser about 10 minitues.

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?RubyZilla

Enjoy!
--

Very impressive demo! Thank you. Do you happen to know if I can
use ruby-gnome2 on OS X with X11?

Thanks-
-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
WebMaster
Yakima Herald-Republic Newspaper
(e-mail address removed)
509-577-7732

--Apple-Mail-3--748199136--

Masao Mutoh

Hi,

Very impressive demo! Thank you. Do you happen to know if I can
use ruby-gnome2 on OS X with X11?

I don't know ruby-gnome2 works on MacOS X.

But I found a binary package(?) for Mac OS X 10.4.

http://rb-gnome.darwinports.com/

#It's still ruby-gnome2-0.11.0 and no Ruby/GtkMozEmbed.

Though I'm not sure it works on every version of OS X or not.

Masao Mutoh

Hi,

Have you updated GTK to 2.8.x or later ?

If not, try latest version of GTK.

See: http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/

I've been having problems getting gnome2 even installed on Win-XP. Current
error when I try
ruby -e "require 'gtk2'"
is
"The procedure entry point g_get_host_name could not be located in
DLL..."

Any chance you might release as a gem? I know it's more work, but it would
make it a lot easier to get started using it.

Thanks!