[ANN] ruport-util 0.1.0

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Gregory Brown, Apr 4, 2007.

  1. Hi all,

    This is the first release of ruport-util, which will eventually
    include a whole bunch of cool little tools to use with Ruport, but for
    now repackages, updates, and improves a few tools we kicked out of the
    dev version of Ruport. Use this if you want to have some of the old
    things like invoices and you still want to work with our latest dev
    releases.

    If you've not yet checked out our developmental releases of Ruport, or
    if you would like some extra info about them, you can check out our
    User's Field Guide to 0.9

    http://rubyreports.org/docs/ruport_users_field_guide-2007.04.04.pdf

    If you don't know what Ruby Reports is, poke around our wiki:
    http://code.rubyreports.org

    Release notes follow. Enjoy!

    == Ruport Utilities (ruport-util)

    == What is it? ==

    A collection of tools / helper libs to use with Ruby Reports.

    Current support includes:

    * Simple Invoice Support
    * Graphing Integration via Scruffy
    * A basic Report Manager

    == Requirements ==

    You need to be running developmental Ruport to use these tools:

    gem install ruport -y --source http://gems.rubyreports.org

    should do the trick.

    ** ruport-util currently needs Ruport >= 0.9.3 **

    == Get it ==

    Available via RubyGems on RubyForge

    gem install ruport-util

    Also available via file download:
    https://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=856&release_id=10907

    Also available via SVN:
    http://stonecode.svnrepository.com/svn/ruport/ruport-util/tags/rel_0_1_0/

    == Caveats ==

    This code is experimental, incomplete, and possibly buggy.
    Don't expect it to stabilize until Ruport 1.0 has been released.

    That having been said, it may already be useful.

    == Examples ==

    There are some examples included with the gem, and you can also browse
    them here:
    http://tinyurl.com/yrdw83

    == Get Help ==

    If you find bugs, have questions, or want to share some ideas, catch
    up with us on the Ruport mailing list (http://list.rubyreports.org) or
    via #ruport on Freenode.

    Gregory Brown, Apr 4, 2007