[ANN] Spasmoidal 0.1.0 - Asynchronous I/O with Python 2.5 ExtendedGenerators

Discussion in 'Python' started by Doug.Fort@gmail.com, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Guest

    "...from little towns with strange names like Smegma, Spasmodic, Frog,
    and the far-flung Isles of Langerhans".

    Someone on SourceForge has a project that includes the name
    'spasmodic' so I'm using the name spasmoidal. But this code will
    always be spasmodic to me.

    Asynchronous I/O (and other tasks) proceeding in fits and spasms
    The SpasmodicEngine selects tasks (spasmoids) from a (heapqueue based)
    priority queue. The tasks are Python 2.5 extended generators (some
    call them coroutines: PEP 342). The engine calls task.send() with an
    appropriate argument. One of the library of tasks is Pollster.
    Pollster calls poll() with for tasks that are waiting I/O. Tasks that
    are ready for I/O are fed to the priority queue.

    Spasmodic provides an efficient way to manage a large number of
    sockets and/or files. Other processing works well too, if it can be
    subdivided into brief spasms.

    Project
    http://code.google.com/p/spasmoidal/

    Download