ANN: SVG::Graph 0.3.1

Sean Russell

I usually don't post minor release announcements, but although the
release and changes are minor, the impact is fairly large.

Perl's SVG::TT::Graph, and versions of SVG::Graph below 0.3.1, use CSS
for styling. While this is the proper way to style these kinds of
SVG, because it allows you to easily change colors and font styles,
many SVG renderers do not support CSS in SVG yet -- most notably KDE's
KSVG, which is based on librsvg, which supports neither CSS nor
feGaussianBlur.

While the lack of feGaussianBlur isn't a show-stopper -- drop-shadows
still render, they just aren't as pretty -- the lack of CSS support
has meant that all SVG graphs generated by these libraries rendered as
solid black in Konqueror (and, I presume, whatever Gnome uses to view
SVG).

0.3.1 adds support for a :no_css attribute. If set to true, the CSS
is inlined as styles on the objects, and graphs now render nicely in
Konqueror.

http://www.germane-software.com/software/SVG/SVG::Graph

Enjoy.