[ANN] Test::Unit::Reporter 0.2.0

Alexey Verkhovsky

Test::Unit::Reporter publishes results of test/unit test suite execution
in HTML and other formats.

Current implementation includes two formatters:
* HTML formatter produces an HTML report. Sample report for Rake unit tests can be seen here: http://test-report.rubyforge.org/rake-report/index.html

* XML formatter formats test suite results in an XML file, using the
same format as Ant junit task. This output then can be passed to Ant
junitreport task to produce an HTML report, or otherwise
analyzed/processed with an XML parser.

You can download Test::Unit::Reporter from
http://rubyforge.org/projects/test-report/

The main theme of this release is "Packaging". Changes include:

* Rdoc documentation
* Installer (setup.rb by Minero Aoki)
* Simplified interface to Reporter::run. HTML is now default reporter,
and the class of test runner is an optional argument (console runner is
default).
* On request from Nathaniel Talbott (the author of test/unit), all
reporter classes were moved from test/unit/util to test/unit/ui/reporter

Best regards,
Alexey Verkhovsky

Bil Kleb

Alexey said:
* XML formatter formats test suite results in an XML file, using the
same format as Ant junit task. This output then can be passed to Ant
junitreport task to produce an HTML report, or otherwise
analyzed/processed with an XML parser.

Does this mean you are moving toward being able to feed CruiseControl?

Regards,

Alexey Verkhovsky

Alexey Verkhovsky wrote:
Does this mean you are moving toward being able to feed CruiseControl?

Not that I explicitly thought about it, befiore you asked, but it's the
same XML structure that CC already understands. So one should be able to
feed it to CC as is. If there is any problem, please let me know, I'll
fix it.

One important feature that is missing from 0.2.0 is capturing of
stdout/stderr in the XML. I plan to add it soon.

Alex