[ANN] TMail 1.1.1 Released

Mikel Lindsaar

TMail 1.1.1 has now been released
==================================

TMail is the Ruby Mail handler used in the Ruby on
Rails and Nitro web frame works as well as many others
(including, now the Ruby Talk mail gateway!).

TMail is now a gem. You can install it on any platform
via:

# gem install tmail

There is no MS Windows, OS X or BSD / Linux specific
port of TMail, instead, the installer will try to
compile the native extensions for the scanner and
base64 converters and if it can not, will simply use
the pure ruby versions.

Additionally, the next version of Ruby on Rails'
ActionMailer has been patched to prefer any more
recent gem version of TMail over it's bundled copy of
the library (which will be 1.1.0). This means if you
install a newer version of TMail and use Rails 2.0 or
trunk, you application will default to the gem
version.

Nitro has added TMail as a dependency, so Nitro users
automatically get the latest versions of TMail with
their install.

TMail is about 90-95% RFC compliant, and we are
working hard to get it to the most compliant mail
parser around. We appriciate any bug reports of emails
that didn't work via our bug tracker at
tmail.rubyforge.org.

Incompatabilities to 1.1.0
================

None, shoud be a drop in replacement.

Fixes in TMail 1.1.1
================

Since 1.0.0 the following has been fixed:

* Fixed bug in line-wrapping of long header field
bodies to be more RFC compliant

* Fixed bug where re-assigning the mail.body to an
existing mail object that already had a parsed body
would not re-parse the body.

* Fixed a bug where the content-type header would not
be parsed correctly if split over two lines in the
header of the email.

* Created multiplatform gem, should install on
anything (please let us know)

* Started documenting the source code... lots more to
do.

* Website quickstart guide and docs put up at
http://tmail.rubyforge.org/

Links:

Website: http://tmail.rubyforge.org/
Download: http://tmail.rubyforge.org/download/

As always, we appreciate bug reports at our site
above. Please ensure you attach raw emails to the
reports as needed so we can reproduce the error
ourselves.

Mikel Lindsaar
http://www.blognow.com.au/q