[ANN] U++ 2007.1 beta

Mirek Fidler

www.ultimatepp.org

Ultimate++ is BSD licensed C++ cross-platform rapid application
development suite focused on programmers
productivity without sacrificing runtime performance.

Based on strictly deterministic design it provides an alternative to
GC collected platforms,
even for bussines logic oriented problems (U++ has strong SQL
support).

U++ includes IDE with dialog and icon designers and "Assist+
+" (provides assistance for
C++ programming like pop-up list of methods on pressing '.' key).

U++ is now maintained for Win32, Linux, FreeBSD, PocketPC
(experimental). Mac OS X support
is under development.

New features of 2007.1 release:

* Features missing in X11 now implementd (Pdf export, printing, tray
icon)
* Raster image infrastructure completely reworked
* "Chameleon" skinning system which allows both native look of U++
applications across platforms
AND custom skins to be designed/used. hzGtk is used on X11 platforms
* New useful widgets: GridCtrl, CalendarCtrl and DateTimeCtrl
* Sql expressions are now dialect-adjusted before being executed on
particular RDBMS target
* Library moved to Upp namespace
* Experimental PocketPC support was introduced
* Library fixed to support ARM and PowerPC CPUs
* A lot of new documentation and tutorials
* New Icon designer (supports alpha channel and has tools to produce
antialiased icons)
* Many minor improvements and bug fixes

anon

Mirek said:
www.ultimatepp.org

Ultimate++ is BSD licensed C++ cross-platform rapid application
development suite focused on programmers
productivity without sacrificing runtime performance.

Based on strictly deterministic design it provides an alternative to
GC collected platforms,
even for bussines logic oriented problems (U++ has strong SQL
support).

U++ includes IDE with dialog and icon designers and "Assist+
+" (provides assistance for
C++ programming like pop-up list of methods on pressing '.' key).

U++ is now maintained for Win32, Linux, FreeBSD, PocketPC
(experimental). Mac OS X support
is under development.

Last time I tried this, it caused seg fault in half of their examples.
Therefore, I'll still stick to QT

Mirek Fidler

Last time I tried this, it caused seg fault in half of their examples.
Therefore, I'll still stick to QT

Just curious, when was the last time? ;)

Mirek

P.S.: "beta" is a typo. In fact, it is final.

Mirek Fidler

Not sure, but it might be November or December 2006.
Out of curiosity, I just give it another try ;)

Thanks!

BTW, if you encounter any problems, please do report them either here,
to U++ team mail or in the forum... (but please report your platform
setup too - we now have quite a lot of Linux users and no bugs in
examples reported, so if you would have segfault in half of examples,
something is definitely wrong...).

Mirek