[ANN] Websourcebrowser 0.4a released

Discussion in 'Python' started by Stefan Schwarzer, Aug 4, 2010.

  1. Hello,

    I'm happy to announce the release of Websourcebrowser 0.4a.

    Websourcebrowser is a program intended to get a quick overview of a
    project's source code. The program is controlled from a web browser
    which displays a directory tree and a source code file side by side.

    The homepage of the project is at

    http://websourcebrowser.sschwarzer.net/

    The download of version 0.4a is at

    http://websourcebrowser.sschwarzer.net/download

    *** Note that this is still an alpha release. ***

    I use the program regularly to dive into new projects, but I consider
    it in the alpha stage because it has been used and tested by only a
    few other people than me.

    On Windows, this version doesn't seem to work with IE 8.0 whereas
    it works with Firefox 3.6.8.

    I know the software could be improved a lot. For some ideas, look at

    http://websourcebrowser.sschwarzer.net/trac/wiki/Ideas
    http://websourcebrowser.sschwarzer.net/trac/browser/todo.txt

    If I implement this alone, it'll probably take years, given that
    Websourcebrowser is a spare time project (beside my other project,
    ftputil). So it would be great to get more developers on board.

    Of course, I'm thankful for feedback on the mailing list (subscription
    required to avoid spam, sorry),

    or via private e-mail. If you encounter problems, you may also file a
    bug report at

    http://websourcebrowser.sschwarzer.net/trac/newticket

    *** You need to log in as user wsbuser with password wsb . ***

    Stefan

    Stefan Schwarzer, Aug 4, 2010