[ANN] Wee 0.7.0 + Tutorial Videos

Michael Neumann

Sascha said:
Definately XVID 1.0x if you can.

Hm, sorry, that does not work here.
I could see the movies just fine. But that is probably because I had the
" Gordian Knot Codec Pack 1.9" installed. You can find it on
www.doom9.org for Windows.

The problem is: I can't try it on Windows nor MacOSX, only Linux and
BSD. But I guess wmv1 should work on every Windows machine (even older
ones).
But I don't know how to encode on BSD (which I think you use).

Thanks for the videos. Wee is an interesting alternative to Rails.

More to come after my holiday ;-)

Regards,

Michael

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

--Apple-Mail-9-293305411

Michael-
Thank you for taking the time to help me view the wee videos. This
time I had no problem viewing all 3 of the short vids you link to
below. So the .avi is working fine I guess. Next time, if I may make a
suggestion, could you use quicktime?

thanks Michael
Please try one of the videos and report me which one works for you:

http://ruwee.de/msmpeg4.avi
http://ruwee.de/wmv1.avi
http://ruwee.de/rv10.avi

There are only 60k - 100k in size. You should see the logo and then
the first slide ("Outline"), that's all.

Sorry for the inconvienice. Next time will use a format other than
mpeg4.

Regards,

Michael
-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
509-577-7732
(e-mail address removed)

--Apple-Mail-9-293305411--

Esteban Manchado Velázquez

Michael-
Thank you for taking the time to help me view the wee videos. This
time I had no problem viewing all 3 of the short vids you link to
below. So the .avi is working fine I guess. Next time, if I may make a
suggestion, could you use quicktime?

I'm not sure, but I think Sorenson is/was patented (if you mean Sorenson
when you say QuickTime). Probably people in the US can't see them legally
under Linux (IIUC). Anyone out there has any clue?

BTW, I saw the original videos just fine, using xine 1.0.

Michael Neumann

Ezra said:
Michael-
Thank you for taking the time to help me view the wee videos. This
time I had no problem viewing all 3 of the short vids you link to below.
So the .avi is working fine I guess. Next time, if I may make a
suggestion, could you use quicktime?

Here are the divx3 converted videos:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/2858/Wee-Tutorial-1.divx3.mpeg.torrent
http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/2858/Wee-Tutorial-2.divx3.mpeg.torrent
http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/2858/Wee-Tutorial-3.divx3.mpeg.torrent

Please download them as fast as possible, as I'm going tomorrow in
holidays for one week, so I have to turn off my computer.

Regards,

Michael

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

--Apple-Mail-17-309143540
delsp=yes;
format=flowed

Michael-
Thanks you for these torrents. I am able to view them fine. The only
problem is it seems that while they have different names ie.
Tutorial-1, Tutorial-2, Tutorial-3. They are all in fact just
Tutorial-1 . Thanks you for your time though I like the looks of Wee
and want to learn about it if I can.
Here are the divx3 converted videos:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/2858/Wee-Tutorial
-1.divx3.mpeg.torrent
http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/2858/Wee-Tutorial
-2.divx3.mpeg.torrent
http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/2858/Wee-Tutorial
-3.divx3.mpeg.torrent

Please download them as fast as possible, as I'm going tomorrow in
holidays for one week, so I have to turn off my computer.

Regards,

Michael
-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
509-577-7732
(e-mail address removed)

--Apple-Mail-17-309143540--

Alan Garrison

Ezra said:
Michael-
Thanks you for these torrents. I am able to view them fine. The
only problem is it seems that while they have different names ie.
Tutorial-1, Tutorial-2, Tutorial-3. They are all in fact just
Tutorial-1 . Thanks you for your time though I like the looks of Wee
and want to learn about it if I can.
On Feb 3, 2005, at 11:14 AM, Michael Neumann wrote:

Go to the download page for Wee and use a web browser to click the
torrent links.

I did a 'wget' on all 3 torrent files by changing the 1 to 2 and 3, but
it took me a few minutes to figure out that I actually got the #1 file 3
times. It looks like it's the way the site handles downloads (look at
the number in the URL before the filename, they're different for each
file).

Lloyd Zusman

Michael Neumann said:
[ ... ]

Hm, lets try this:

ruby -rubygems -e 'require "wee"; p Wee::Md5IdGenerator'

Result:

-e:1: uninitialized constant Wee::Md5IdGenerator (NameError)

and then this:

ruby -e 'require "wee"; p Wee::Md5IdGenerator'

Result:

-e:1: uninitialized constant Wee::Md5IdGenerator (NameError)

On a hunch, I decided to go to rubyforge to download the non-gem
wee-0.7.0 tarball. I installed it, and then here's what happened:

% ruby -rubygems -e 'require "wee"; p Wee::Md5IdGenerator'
Wee::Md5IdGenerator
% ruby -e 'require "wee"; p Wee::Md5IdGenerator'
Wee::Md5IdGenerator
% ruby hello-wee.rb # the program that didn't work before
[2005-02-03 17:40:47] INFO WEBrick 1.3.1
[2005-02-03 17:40:47] INFO ruby 1.9.0 (2005-01-29) [i386-freebsd4.0]
[2005-02-03 17:40:47] INFO WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=1842 port=2000
... etc. ...

In other words, once I did the non-gem installation, everything started
working fine.

And now, I think I know what the problem was: I had done an old, non-gem
install of wee a while ago (version 0.5.0 or earlier). Some items
within this non-gem installation were somehow overriding their
counterparts in the newer gem installation of version 0.7.0.

It appears that gem and non-gem installations don't coexist very well
yet. Methinks it's better to use one or the other, but not both ... or
if we must use both, to always keep their versions in sync.

Thank you very much.