announce: EulerGUI 1.1

Jean-Marc Vanel

I am pleased to announce EulerGUI 1.1, a development environment for
Semantic Web technologies, written in Java , under LGPL license .

Note: I can't announce on as this group
is inactive for months.

EulerGUI uses Drools as an engine for the N3 logic and rules
(http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/doc/Rules).

N3 is a language equivalent to Semantic Web's RDF language, but with a
syntax much easier to read and write by hand.
Moreover, N3 has, on top of RDF, an extension for rules, e. g. :

{ ?x parent ?y } => { ?y child ?x }.

In short, N3 is a convergence language in which you can write data,
models, rules, and queries.

With EulerGUI can reuse models and data in OWL, RDFS, UML, and eCore
which are translated into OWL (the Web Ontology Language from W3C).
From search engines such as Swoogle (http://swoogle.umbc.edu/), one
can find thousands of models in OWL, RDF, and N3.

So what does that bring for developers ?
3 of the use cases :

- open any number of RDF / OWL / N3 / UML documents
- test and debug the rules using 3 rule engines (Drools, Euler, CWM)
- export all that project as a set of Drools packages, plus the facts
in XMLEncoder format

- generate a Swing application with forms corresponding to the input
model

- translate UML or eCore models into OWL, to make use of the models
with Semantic Web tools such as Sesame RDF database or Protégé editor.

Download from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eulergui

Manual here:
http://eulergui.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/eulergui/trunk/eulergui/html/documentation.html