[ANNOUNCE] gtkmvc-0.9.0

Roberto Cavada

MVC Framework for Pygtk2 version 0.9.0 has been released.

MVC is a fully Python-based implementation of the Model-View-Controller
and Observer patterns for the Pygtk2 toolkit.
MVC is a pattern that can be successfully used to design and develop
well structured GUI applications.

The MVC pattern basically helps in separating sematics and data of the
application, from their representation. The Observer pattern is also
embedded here. This pattern allows making separated parts independent,
but still connected each other.

About this implementation:
- easy to understand and to use
- makes code extremely easy to write and read
- fully documented
- straightly runs under many platforms (unixes, windows, solaris,
etc.)
- essential, it does only what it was designed for
- can be ported to other graphic toolkits, since the view component
depends on pygtk2

Latest version and information can be found at this URL:
<P><A
HREF="http://sra.itc.it/people/cavada/mvc/index.html">gtkmvc 0.9.0</A> -
Python-based Model-View-Controller framework for the Pygtk2 toolkit.
(15-01-04)

License is LGPL.

--
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ Roberto Cavada
_/ _/ _/ ITC-irst http://www.irst.itc.it

Cousin Stanley

| MVC Framework for Pygtk2 version 0.9.0 has been released

Roberto ....

Thanks for providing a very nice MVC example ....

http://sra.itc.it/people/cavada/mvc/index.html
Python MVC gtkmvc

I've had your original version for a few months
with the intent to try and adapt a graphics application
that I've written to the MVC pattern and hopefully the new version
you've provided will inspire me to go ahead and do it ....

My application currently is written using the Tkinter GUI,
but conversion using PyGTK and your examples should be straightforward ....

Following are a few links I've collected, not all Python based,
that may be useful to anyone else interested in MVC ....

http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/3171/fid/245
Python MVC GladeBase.py

http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/TwistedDocs/TwistedDocs-1.0.0/howto/woven.html
Python MVC Twisted