[ANNOUNCE] Thirty-second release of PythonCAD now available

Discussion in 'Python' started by Art Haas, May 25, 2006.

  1. Art Haas

    Art Haas Guest

    Hi.

    I'm pleased to announce the thirty-second development release of PythonCAD,
    a CAD package for open-source software users. As the name implies,
    PythonCAD is written entirely in Python. The goal of this project is
    to create a fully scriptable drafting program that will match and eventually
    exceed features found in commercial CAD software. PythonCAD is released
    under the GNU Public License (GPL).

    PythonCAD requires Python 2.2 or newer. The interface is GTK 2.0
    based, and uses the PyGTK module for interfacing to GTK. The design of
    PythonCAD is built around the idea of separating the interface
    from the back end as much as possible. By doing this, it is hoped
    that both GNOME and KDE interfaces can be added to PythonCAD through
    usage of the appropriate Python module. Addition of other PythonCAD
    interfaces will depend on the availability of a Python module for that
    particular interface and developer interest and action.

    The thirty-second release fixes a configuration problem where the
    newly added autosplitting feature would not be activated properly
    or could disable autosplitting in a Layer. A small bug in the
    reworked splitting code was also fixed, as well as a few other
    small errors.

    A mailing list for the development and use of PythonCAD is available.
    Visit the following page for information about subscribing and viewing
    the mailing list archive:

    Visit the PythonCAD web site for more information about what PythonCAD
    does and aims to be:

    http://www.pythoncad.org/

    Come and join me in developing PythonCAD into a world class drafting
    program!

    Art Haas

    -Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822

    Art Haas, May 25, 2006

  2. Art Haas

    ziggy Guest

    In article <>,
    "Art Haas" <> wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm pleased to announce the thirty-second development release of PythonCAD,
    > a CAD package for open-source software users. As the name implies,
    > PythonCAD is written entirely in Python. The goal of this project is
    > to create a fully scriptable drafting program that will match and eventually
    > exceed features found in commercial CAD software. PythonCAD is released
    > under the GNU Public License (GPL).
    >
    > PythonCAD requires Python 2.2 or newer. The interface is GTK 2.0
    > based, and uses the PyGTK module for interfacing to GTK. The design of
    > PythonCAD is built around the idea of separating the interface
    > from the back end as much as possible. By doing this, it is hoped
    > that both GNOME and KDE interfaces can be added to PythonCAD through
    > usage of the appropriate Python module. Addition of other PythonCAD
    > interfaces will depend on the availability of a Python module for that
    > particular interface and developer interest and action.
    >
    > The thirty-second release fixes a configuration problem where the
    > newly added autosplitting feature would not be activated properly
    > or could disable autosplitting in a Layer. A small bug in the
    > reworked splitting code was also fixed, as well as a few other
    > small errors.
    >
    > A mailing list for the development and use of PythonCAD is available.
    > Visit the following page for information about subscribing and viewing
    > the mailing list archive:

    > Visit the PythonCAD web site for more information about what PythonCAD
    > does and aims to be:
    >
    > http://www.pythoncad.org/
    >
    > Come and join me in developing PythonCAD into a world class drafting
    > program!
    >
    > Art Haas

    Cool.

    ziggy, May 25, 2006