Another Cactus Question

steven

Hi, group

To my understand, an Application Client can not run until it is
package into a JAR and is deployed. So, how do I unit test my
application client code in this case? I searched the Cactus
mailing-list archive and found that the answer is 'using JUnit'. The
answer really puzzs me. I think I have to package the testcases into
the client jar, however after that, how do these testcases get run for
I think there is only one entry point in the client JAR file.

Tris Orendorff

(e-mail address removed) (steven) wrote in @posting.google.com:
Hi, group

To my understand, an Application Client can not run until it is
package into a JAR and is deployed. So, how do I unit test my
application client code in this case? I searched the Cactus
mailing-list archive and found that the answer is 'using JUnit'. The
answer really puzzs me. I think I have to package the testcases into
the client jar, however after that, how do these testcases get run for

For development purposes, a jar file is not needed.

You don't have to put the testcase classes into the jar as long as you
don't use them.

You can run the testcases by running AllTests.main(...) at the beginning
of your main(...) since the tests are all static.

--

steven

Do you mean that the application client code can run and call
components reside in a container even though the application client
itself does not get packaged and deployed? That is say, the
deployment is not a necessary step for distributed J2EE components
communication. Right?