    I think there is only one entry point in the client JAR file.

    --
    Steven Woody

    steven, Oct 22, 2003

  2. (steven) wrote in news:1e7ef8d0.0310221044.fbb14a5
    @posting.google.com:

    > Hi, group
    >
    > To my understand, an Application Client can not run until it is
    > package into a JAR and is deployed. So, how do I unit test my
    > application client code in this case? I searched the Cactus
    > mailing-list archive and found that the answer is 'using JUnit'. The
    > answer really puzzs me. I think I have to package the testcases into
    > the client jar, however after that, how do these testcases get run for

    For development purposes, a jar file is not needed.

    You don't have to put the testcase classes into the jar as long as you
    don't use them.

    You can run the testcases by running AllTests.main(...) at the beginning
    of your main(...) since the tests are all static.

    Tris Orendorff, Oct 24, 2003

  3. steven

    steven Guest

    Do you mean that the application client code can run and call
    components reside in a container even though the application client
    itself does not get packaged and deployed? That is say, the
    deployment is not a necessary step for distributed J2EE components
    communication. Right?

    steven, Oct 24, 2003