Another newbie question ..

Nathan

Thanks guys for your response to my last question. Ok now
I have this question (piz bear with me ...) I have these
three option buttons on my asp page like
-Option1
-Option2
-Option3
Now the user has to select one of these options and submit
the form. Depending upon the option selected, the new asp
page (different for all 3 options) should open in browser.

How can I open different kind of pages depending upon the
options selected (I hope this time I am more clear than
last time .. :).

Thanks,
Nathan.

Ray at

You can use client-side code to change the action of a form based on which
option the user selects, but I personally would not rely on client-side
code. Instead, I would do something like this:

Select Case REquest.Form("radiobuttonName")
Case "option1"
Response.Redirect "page1.asp"
Case "option2"
Response.Redirect "page2.asp"
Case "option3"
Response.Redirect "page3.asp"
End Select

If you do not have a default selection when the page loads, throw in a "case
else."

Ray at work

Nathan

looks good ... thanks :)
You can use client-side code to change the action of a form based on which
option the user selects, but I personally would not rely on client-side
code. Instead, I would do something like this:

Select Case REquest.Form("radiobuttonName")
Case "option1"
Response.Redirect "page1.asp"
Case "option2"
Response.Redirect "page2.asp"
Case "option3"
Response.Redirect "page3.asp"
End Select

If you do not have a default selection when the page loads, throw in a "case
else."

Ray at work

.

Jeff Cochran

Thanks guys for your response to my last question. Ok now
I have this question (piz bear with me ...) I have these
three option buttons on my asp page like
-Option1
-Option2
-Option3
Now the user has to select one of these options and submit
the form. Depending upon the option selected, the new asp
page (different for all 3 options) should open in browser.

Okay, dumb question time here. Why would you do this when you could
do a HTML link to open a new page without any form processing?

Jeff

Nathan

thats a brilliant idea Jeff .. now please tell me how can
I pass the other form data from my current page to new
page with an html link ....