Another questoin... text not showing up

DaKitty

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle DaKitty scribbled in the mud:

Cool, how'd you do that? :)
Not seeing text in Firefox either.

testing testing testing shows up under Events

I think I just managed to fix it!
I was experimenting with CSS, there is a variable for 'block display' and it
was set to none. I changed it to 'inline' and that fixed the part of the
problem.
Then I had to go fiddle with 'box' height and width, till it positioned
right.

This is how my css reads:
\.body1 {
font-size: small;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: normal;
position: static;
line-height: normal;
word-spacing: normal;
letter-spacing: normal;
padding: 10px 30px 10px 100px;
width: 535px;
height: 600px;
clear: left;
float: left;
border: thin none;
list-style-type: none;
color: #000000;
font-variant: normal;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
display: inline;
text-align: justify;
vertical-align: top;

I'm going to guess this is probably not the best way to do this... but it's
my first attempt at CSS. I don't know what half of those things represent...
Just keep adjusting values and seeing what happens to the layout.

Next, I'm gonna try to position an image, in the blank space to the left of
text... see what happens. I'm guessing I might be able to do that with help
of CSS. To be continued

Duende

[...]

You can dump part of it.

\.body1 {
font-size: small;
padding: 10px 30px 10px 100px;
width: 535px;
height: 600px;
clear: left;
float: left;
border: thin none;
list-style-type: none;
color: #000000;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
display: inline;
text-align: justify;
vertical-align: top;

css tutorials:
http://www.css.nu/
http://www.w3schools.com/css/
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/css/
http://www.blazonry.com/css/
http://htmlgoodies.earthweb.com/beyond/css.html
http://www.htmlcenter.com/tutorials/index.cfm
http://www.freewebmastertips.com/php/content.php3?aid=48
http://www.westciv.com.au/style_master/academy/css_tutorial/
http://library.thinkquest.org/15074/cssmain.html
http://www.pageresource.com/dhtml/indexcss.htm
http://idm.internet.com/articles/200101/csstutorial1a.html
http://www.westciv.com.au/style_master/academy/hands_on_tutorial/index.html
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/reference/stylesheet_guide/
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/n4switch/
http://www.brainjar.com/css/using/
http://www.dhtmlkitchen.com/css/index.html
http://www.htmlcenter.com/tutorials/index.cfm?type=css
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/css.html
http://www.echoecho.com/css.htm

cascading style sheets, level 1
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1.html
cascading style sheets, level 2
http://www.w3.org/tr/rec-css2/cover.html

DaKitty

Duende said:

Oh, cool!
Thanks for all the links. Those will keep me busy for a while.
[or make my head hurt - tee hee]

Duende

While sitting in a puddle DaKitty scribbled in the mud:
Thanks for all the links. Those will keep me busy for a while.
[or make my head hurt - tee hee]

Those are just a few of brucie's links

DaKitty

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle DaKitty scribbled in the mud:
Thanks for all the links. Those will keep me busy for a while.
[or make my head hurt - tee hee]

Those are just a few of brucie's links

I'm starting to gather brucie is someone I really need to be nice to in
here, seems like he's got a ton of info! :)
I think I noticed he has a webpage? I can't find the post where I saw that
now. :-\
There's so much here, it's little overwhelming... just for a moment though.
I'm new here! Hopefully you guys won't be too hard on me when I make the
newbie mistakes! ;)

DaKitty

Duende said:
While sitting in a puddle DaKitty scribbled in the mud:
I'm starting to gather brucie is someone I really need to be nice to

No No, don't be nice to brucie!!! He likes pain.
in
here, seems like he's got a ton of info! :)]

Way more than that.
I think I noticed he has a webpage? I can't find the post where I saw that
now. :-\

http://brucieslittlevoices.me.uk/
and for now offline,
http://usenetshit.info/