    http://www.socalolympians.org/about_us.asp

    I can see the text in the code, it's not showing up in IE6.

    I've never seen that happen before! *puzzled*
    DaKitty, Nov 21, 2004

  2. DaKitty

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle DaKitty scribbled in the mud:

    > I started adding text to the pages, and it's not showing up!
    > http://www.socalolympians.org/about_us.asp
    >
    > I can see the text in the code, it's not showing up in IE6.

    Cool, how'd you do that? :)
    Not seeing text in Firefox either.

    testing testing testing shows up under Events

    --
    Be sure it is your yak first.
    Then clean the corral.
    Duende, Nov 21, 2004

  3. DaKitty

    DaKitty Guest

    "Duende" <> wrote in message
    > While sitting in a puddle DaKitty scribbled in the mud:
    >
    > > I started adding text to the pages, and it's not showing up!
    > > http://www.socalolympians.org/about_us.asp
    > >
    > > I can see the text in the code, it's not showing up in IE6.

    > Cool, how'd you do that? :)
    > Not seeing text in Firefox either.
    >
    > testing testing testing shows up under Events

    I think I just managed to fix it!
    I was experimenting with CSS, there is a variable for 'block display' and it
    was set to none. I changed it to 'inline' and that fixed the part of the
    problem.
    Then I had to go fiddle with 'box' height and width, till it positioned
    right.

    This is how my css reads:
    \.body1 {
    font-size: small;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: normal;
    position: static;
    line-height: normal;
    word-spacing: normal;
    letter-spacing: normal;
    padding: 10px 30px 10px 100px;
    width: 535px;
    height: 600px;
    clear: left;
    float: left;
    border: thin none;
    list-style-type: none;
    color: #000000;
    font-variant: normal;
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    display: inline;
    text-align: justify;
    vertical-align: top;

    I'm going to guess this is probably not the best way to do this... but it's
    my first attempt at CSS. I don't know what half of those things represent...
    Just keep adjusting values and seeing what happens to the layout.

    Next, I'm gonna try to position an image, in the blank space to the left of
    text... see what happens. I'm guessing I might be able to do that with help
    of CSS. To be continued
    DaKitty, Nov 21, 2004
  4. DaKitty

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle DaKitty scribbled in the mud:

    > "Duende" <> wrote in message
    >> While sitting in a puddle DaKitty scribbled in the mud:
    >>
    >> > I started adding text to the pages, and it's not showing up!
    >> > http://www.socalolympians.org/about_us.asp
    >> >
    >> > I can see the text in the code, it's not showing up in IE6.

    >> Cool, how'd you do that? :)
    >> Not seeing text in Firefox either.
    >>
    >> testing testing testing shows up under Events

    > I think I just managed to fix it!
    > I was experimenting with CSS, there is a variable for 'block display'
    > and it was set to none. I changed it to 'inline' and that fixed the part
    > of the problem.
    > Then I had to go fiddle with 'box' height and width, till it positioned
    > right.
    >
    > This is how my css reads:
    > \.body1 {
    > font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    > font-size: small;
    > font-style: normal;
    > font-weight: normal;
    > position: static;
    > line-height: normal;
    > word-spacing: normal;
    > letter-spacing: normal;
    > padding: 10px 30px 10px 100px;
    > width: 535px;
    > height: 600px;
    > clear: left;
    > float: left;
    > border: thin none;
    > list-style-type: none;
    > color: #000000;
    > font-variant: normal;
    > background-color: #FFFFFF;
    > display: inline;
    > text-align: justify;
    > vertical-align: top;
    >

    > I'm going to guess this is probably not the best way to do this... but
    > it's my first attempt at CSS. I don't know what half of those things
    > represent... Just keep adjusting values and seeing what happens to the
    > layout.
    >
    > Next, I'm gonna try to position an image, in the blank space to the left
    > of text... see what happens. I'm guessing I might be able to do that
    > with help of CSS. To be continued

    You can dump part of it.

    \.body1 {
    font-size: small;
    padding: 10px 30px 10px 100px;
    width: 535px;
    height: 600px;
    clear: left;
    float: left;
    border: thin none;
    list-style-type: none;
    color: #000000;
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    display: inline;
    text-align: justify;
    vertical-align: top;

    css tutorials:
    http://www.css.nu/
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/
    http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/css/
    http://www.blazonry.com/css/
    http://htmlgoodies.earthweb.com/beyond/css.html
    http://www.htmlcenter.com/tutorials/index.cfm
    http://www.freewebmastertips.com/php/content.php3?aid=48
    http://www.westciv.com.au/style_master/academy/css_tutorial/
    http://library.thinkquest.org/15074/cssmain.html
    http://www.pageresource.com/dhtml/indexcss.htm
    http://idm.internet.com/articles/200101/csstutorial1a.html
    http://www.westciv.com.au/style_master/academy/hands_on_tutorial/index.html
    http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/reference/stylesheet_guide/
    http://www.alistapart.com/stories/n4switch/
    http://www.brainjar.com/css/using/
    http://www.dhtmlkitchen.com/css/index.html
    http://www.htmlcenter.com/tutorials/index.cfm?type=css
    http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/css.html
    http://www.echoecho.com/css.htm

    cascading style sheets, level 1
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1.html
    cascading style sheets, level 2
    http://www.w3.org/tr/rec-css2/cover.html

    --
    Be sure it is your yak first.
    Then clean the corral.
    Duende, Nov 21, 2004
  5. DaKitty

    DaKitty Guest

    "Duende" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    > > float: left;
    > > border: thin none;
    > > list-style-type: none;
    > > color: #000000;
    > > font-variant: normal;
    > > background-color: #FFFFFF;
    > > display: inline;
    > > text-align: justify;
    > > vertical-align: top;
    > >

    > > I'm going to guess this is probably not the best way to do this... but
    > > it's my first attempt at CSS. I don't know what half of those things
    > > represent... Just keep adjusting values and seeing what happens to the
    > > layout.
    > >
    > > Next, I'm gonna try to position an image, in the blank space to the left
    > > of text... see what happens. I'm guessing I might be able to do that
    > > with help of CSS. To be continued
    > >

    > You can dump part of it.
    >
    > \.body1 {
    > font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

    Oh, cool!
    Thanks for all the links. Those will keep me busy for a while.
    [or make my head hurt - tee hee]
    DaKitty, Nov 21, 2004
  6. DaKitty

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle DaKitty scribbled in the mud:

    > Thanks for all the links. Those will keep me busy for a while.
    > [or make my head hurt - tee hee]

    Those are just a few of brucie's links

    --
    Be sure it is your yak first.
    Then clean the corral.
    Duende, Nov 21, 2004
  7. DaKitty

    DaKitty Guest

    "Duende" <> wrote in message
    > While sitting in a puddle DaKitty scribbled in the mud:
    >
    > > Thanks for all the links. Those will keep me busy for a while.
    > > [or make my head hurt - tee hee]

    > Those are just a few of brucie's links

    I'm starting to gather brucie is someone I really need to be nice to in
    here, seems like he's got a ton of info! :)
    I think I noticed he has a webpage? I can't find the post where I saw that
    now. :-\
    There's so much here, it's little overwhelming... just for a moment though.
    I'm new here! Hopefully you guys won't be too hard on me when I make the
    newbie mistakes! ;)
    DaKitty, Nov 21, 2004
  8. DaKitty

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle DaKitty scribbled in the mud:

    >> Those are just a few of brucie's links
    >>

    > I'm starting to gather brucie is someone I really need to be nice to

    No No, don't be nice to brucie!!! He likes pain.

    > in
    > here, seems like he's got a ton of info! :)]

    Way more than that.

    > I think I noticed he has a webpage? I can't find the post where I saw that
    > now. :-\

    http://brucieslittlevoices.me.uk/
    and for now offline,
    http://usenetshit.info/

    --
    Avoid reality at all costs.
    www.wipkip.biz
    Duende, Nov 21, 2004
  9. DaKitty

    DaKitty Guest

    "Duende" <> wrote in message
    > While sitting in a puddle DaKitty scribbled in the mud:
    >

    > >> Those are just a few of brucie's links
    > >>

    > > I'm starting to gather brucie is someone I really need to be nice to

    > No No, don't be nice to brucie!!! He likes pain.
    >
    > > in
    > > here, seems like he's got a ton of info! :)]

    > Way more than that.
    >
    > > I think I noticed he has a webpage? I can't find the post where I saw

    that
    > > now. :-\

    > http://brucieslittlevoices.me.uk/
    > and for now offline,