ant javac exclude not working for directories

Discussion in 'Java' started by dtown22@gmail.com, Mar 22, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. The following is my
    javac task:

    <javac srcdir="${root}"
    destdir="${classes}"
    debug="on"
    debuglevel="lines,source"
    source="1.5"
    includes="org/domain/dir1/, org/aemf/dir2/"
    excludes="org/domain/dir1/app2/, org/domain/dir1/app3/"
    classpath= "${compile.comm}; ${compile.db4.3}; $
    {compile.swing}; ${compile.xml}" >
    </javac>

    I basically want to exclude everything within the dir1 & dir2
    (subdirectories included), and exclude the directories dir1/app2 &
    dir2/app3 (and all of their subdirectories). The include works as
    expected, but the directories are not excluded.

    Any ideas?

    thanks!

    , Mar 22, 2007

    On Mar 22, 1:57 pm, wrote:
    > I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. The following is my
    > javac task:
    >
    > <javac srcdir="${root}"
    > destdir="${classes}"
    > debug="on"
    > debuglevel="lines,source"
    > source="1.5"
    > includes="org/domain/dir1/, org/aemf/dir2/"
    > excludes="org/domain/dir1/app2/, org/domain/dir1/app3/"
    > classpath= "${compile.comm}; ${compile.db4.3}; $
    > {compile.swing}; ${compile.xml}" >
    > </javac>
    >
    > I basically want to exclude everything within the dir1 & dir2
    > (subdirectories included), and exclude the directories dir1/app2 &
    > dir2/app3 (and all of their subdirectories). The include works as
    > expected, but the directories are not excluded.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > thanks!

    figured it out. I had a dependency on one of the packages I was trying
    to exclude.

    , Mar 22, 2007