Anti-Grain Geometry - 2D Rendering Library

Maxim Shemanarev

I'd like to announce my project called Anti-Grain Geometry.
http://www.antigrain.com

Anti-Grain Geometry (AGG) is an Open Source, free of charge graphic
library, written in industrially standard C++. The terms and conditions of
use are very simple and described on the License page.

AGG doesn't depend on any graphic API or technology. Basically, you can
think
of AGG as of a rendering engine that produces pixel images in memory from
some vectorial data. But of course, AGG can do much more than that.
The ideas and the philosophy of AGG are:

- Anti-Aliasing.
- Subpixel Accuracy.
- The highest possible quality.
- High performance.
- Platform independence and compatibility.
- Flexibility and extensibility.
- Lightweight design.
- Reliability and stability (including numerical stability).

Below there are some key features (but not all of them):

- Rendering of arbitrary polygons with Anti-Aliasing and Subpixel
Accuracy.
- Gradients and Gouraud Shading.
- Fast filtered image affine transformations, including many
interpolation filters (bilinear, bicubic, spline16,
spline36, sinc, Blackman).
- Strokes with different types of line joins and line caps.
- Dashed line generator.
- Markers, such as arrowheads/arrowtails.
- Fast vectorial polygon clipping to a rectangle.
- Low-level clipping to multiple rectangular regions.
- Alpha-Masking.
- A new, fast Anti-Alias line algorithm.
- Using arbitrary images as line patterns.
- Rendering in separate color channels.
- Perspective and bilinear transformations of vector and image
data.
- Boolean polygon operations (and, or, xor, sub) based on Alan
Murta's General Polygon Clipper.

Anti-Grain Geometry contains many interactive Demo examples that are
platform independent too, and use a simple platform_support class that
currently has two implementations, for Win32 API and X11 (no Motiff, no
other dependencies, just basic X11). One of the examples is an SVG Viewer.

For more information look at http://www.antigrain.com : News, Screenshots,
Demo, Documentation, Download.

Currently I'm working on the documentation and new algorithms

McSeem

Phlip

Maxim said:
I'd like to announce my project called Anti-Grain Geometry.
http://www.antigrain.com

Cod Dam that is a sweet library!

You don't have a family or a life or a job, right?

If this is a first-time announcement, then extra congratulations for packing
so much into it.

Compiling instantly, in CygWin, without any ./configure crud, is another
major score here.

I can't wait to put this stuff to use. Thanks!

Maxim Shemanarev

You don't have a family or a life or a job, right?

I'm a maniac :) but you are somehow right, the major amount of code
was written after my divorce and new marriage. But I hope I'll have
time to work on it, moreover, I hope my wife will help me with some
Web/PHP stuff (well, before we have kids).
If this is a first-time announcement, then extra congratulations for packing
so much into it.

The first one was about two years ago, but at the time AGG was very
immature.
Compiling instantly, in CygWin, without any ./configure crud, is another
major score here.

Actually, I'd appreciate some help with testing it on other platforms,
Sun, SGI, Apple. The makefiles are supposed to recognize those
platforms, but my access is very limited to test it properly. It might
require to correct the paths to X11 stuff. I also would like to ask
people to help me implement the agg_platform_support.cpp for MacOS
Carbon API. Now I use X11 in the demo examples, but it doesn't show
all potential of AGG, mostly because of weak performance of
XPutImage().

McSeem
http://www.antigrain.com

Maxim Shemanarev

maybe you should consider a submission to boost?

I know about Boost, but I'd like to finish the docs first. The
submission doesn't make much sense without docs.

Claudio Puviani

Maxim Shemanarev said:
I have added page "Demo" with screenshots, precompiled
executables for Windows and brief explanations. See
http://www.antigrain.com/demo/index.html

While I'm sure a lot of people appreciated the announcement of the first release
of your library, even if it was off-topic, it's completely inappropriate for you
to use this newsgroup to announce updates to your web site. If everyone did that,
comp.lang.c++ would become Spam Central. Please create a private mailing list to
which those who are interested can sign up.

Claudio Puviani