    Hello,

    Are there any good active python forums online? Especially any forum that
    has an uber-noob section!

    SeNTry, Dec 15, 2005

  2. This is a helpful and active place.

    It works in tandem with Python.org, so the polite thing to do is check
    the FAQ at:
    http://www.python.org/doc/faq/ before posting, and also maybe search
    comp.lang.python first, especially if, for instance, you want to know
    about good Python books, popular IDEs, and so on, as these get asked
    and answered twice a week.

    Otherwise it works best if you TRY code, and then when it doesn't work,
    post it and ask for help.

    Good luck

    rpd

    BartlebyScrivener, Dec 15, 2005

  3. SeNTry said unto the world upon 2005-12-15 10:25:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Are there any good active python forums online? Especially any forum that
    > has an uber-noob section!

    It is not a forum, but if you are looking for a newbie-tailored venue,
    the python tutor list <http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor>
    is even more friendly to newcomers than the notably friendly list to
    which you posted.

    Best,

    Brian vdB

    Brian van den Broek, Dec 15, 2005
  4. SeNTry

    Markus Weihs Guest

    Markus Weihs, Dec 15, 2005
  5. SeNTry

    SeNTry Guest

    "SeNTry" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Are there any good active python forums online? Especially any forum that
    > has an uber-noob section!

    Hey, thanks all! I know this is a good location, you guys seem to be real
    patient with newb questions, but I think I'm even newbier than the beginners
    here! I just like forums better than newsgroups because I can search easier
    and replies bring a post back to top so it stays active.

    A quick etiquette question here, it's been a looonnng time since I used
    newsgroups much. I asked a question and got a couple replies and then
    posted a follow-up, but it's buried now and I don't think I'll get anymore
    replies. Should I post follow-ups as new posts, or just hope someone
    notices the added thread and replies? Also, I'm definitely trying to write
    the code first, so if I post here, I'll show my examples of how badly python
    can be written.

    SeNTry, Dec 15, 2005
  6. SeNTry

    Steve Holden Guest

    SeNTry wrote:
    > "SeNTry" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>Are there any good active python forums online? Especially any forum that
    >>has an uber-noob section!
    >>

    > Hey, thanks all! I know this is a good location, you guys seem to be real
    > patient with newb questions, but I think I'm even newbier than the beginners
    > here! I just like forums better than newsgroups because I can search easier
    > and replies bring a post back to top so it stays active.
    >
    > A quick etiquette question here, it's been a looonnng time since I used
    > newsgroups much. I asked a question and got a couple replies and then
    > posted a follow-up, but it's buried now and I don't think I'll get anymore
    > replies. Should I post follow-ups as new posts, or just hope someone
    > notices the added thread and replies? Also, I'm definitely trying to write
    > the code first, so if I post here, I'll show my examples of how badly python
    > can be written.

    I *think* that in most newsreaders (and quite a lot of mail readers, for
    readers of python-list) an addition to a thread will cause it to come to
    the attention of the reader. If they genuinely are followups then it's
    easier to reply to the post you're following up.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
    Holden Web LLC www.holdenweb.com

    Steve Holden, Dec 15, 2005