Any good Python forums?

SeNTry

Hello,

Are there any good active python forums online? Especially any forum that
has an uber-noob section!

BartlebyScrivener

This is a helpful and active place.

It works in tandem with Python.org, so the polite thing to do is check
the FAQ at:
http://www.python.org/doc/faq/ before posting, and also maybe search
comp.lang.python first, especially if, for instance, you want to know
about good Python books, popular IDEs, and so on, as these get asked
and answered twice a week.

Otherwise it works best if you TRY code, and then when it doesn't work,
post it and ask for help.

Good luck

rpd

Brian van den Broek

SeNTry said unto the world upon 2005-12-15 10:25:
Hello,

Are there any good active python forums online? Especially any forum that
has an uber-noob section!

It is not a forum, but if you are looking for a newbie-tailored venue,
the python tutor list <http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor>
is even more friendly to newcomers than the notably friendly list to
which you posted.

Best,

Brian vdB

SeNTry

SeNTry said:
Hello,

Are there any good active python forums online? Especially any forum that
has an uber-noob section!

Hey, thanks all! I know this is a good location, you guys seem to be real
patient with newb questions, but I think I'm even newbier than the beginners
here! I just like forums better than newsgroups because I can search easier
and replies bring a post back to top so it stays active.

A quick etiquette question here, it's been a looonnng time since I used
newsgroups much. I asked a question and got a couple replies and then
posted a follow-up, but it's buried now and I don't think I'll get anymore
replies. Should I post follow-ups as new posts, or just hope someone
notices the added thread and replies? Also, I'm definitely trying to write
the code first, so if I post here, I'll show my examples of how badly python
can be written.

Steve Holden

SeNTry said:
Hey, thanks all! I know this is a good location, you guys seem to be real
patient with newb questions, but I think I'm even newbier than the beginners
here! I just like forums better than newsgroups because I can search easier
and replies bring a post back to top so it stays active.

A quick etiquette question here, it's been a looonnng time since I used
newsgroups much. I asked a question and got a couple replies and then
posted a follow-up, but it's buried now and I don't think I'll get anymore
replies. Should I post follow-ups as new posts, or just hope someone
notices the added thread and replies? Also, I'm definitely trying to write
the code first, so if I post here, I'll show my examples of how badly python
can be written.
I *think* that in most newsreaders (and quite a lot of mail readers, for
readers of python-list) an addition to a thread will cause it to come to
the attention of the reader. If they genuinely are followups then it's
easier to reply to the post you're following up.

regards
Steve