Any hooks in rdoc ?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Vincent Fourmond, Nov 10, 2006.

  1. Hello !

    I'm currently writing a "not so small anymore" project involving a
    fair deal of metaprogramming, and I would have liked rdoc to reflect a
    bit better the state of my classes. Is there any way to have rdoc
    understand a statement like

    param_accessor :size, 'size', "Size", {:type => :integer}, "The size ?"

    I would want rdoc to display something close to what it would for

    # The size ?
    attr_accessor :size

    but I don't have a clue about how to do it. I tried the --accessor
    option, but it treats :size, 'size', "Size" and so on each as different
    attributes, which is not acceptable in my case/

    Any hint ? Thanks !

    Vince

    --
    Vincent Fourmond, PhD student
    http://vincent.fourmond.neuf.fr/

    Vincent Fourmond, Nov 10, 2006

  2. Vincent Fourmond

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Nov 10, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Vincent Fourmond wrote:

    > Hello !
    >
    > I'm currently writing a "not so small anymore" project involving a
    > fair deal of metaprogramming, and I would have liked rdoc to reflect a
    > bit better the state of my classes. Is there any way to have rdoc
    > understand a statement like
    >
    > param_accessor :size, 'size', "Size", {:type => :integer}, "The
    > size ?"
    >
    > I would want rdoc to display something close to what it would for
    >
    > # The size ?
    > attr_accessor :size
    >
    > but I don't have a clue about how to do it. I tried the --accessor
    > option, but it treats :size, 'size', "Size" and so on each as
    > different
    > attributes, which is not acceptable in my case/
    >
    > Any hint ? Thanks !

    There isn't one, sorry. :(

    --
    Eric Hodel - - http://blog.segment7.net

    http://trackmap.robotcoop.com

    Eric Hodel, Nov 13, 2006

  3. Eric Hodel wrote:
    >> Any hint ? Thanks !

    > There isn't one, sorry. :(

    Pity. Do you think it would be possible to add such a thing without
    disturbing rdoc too much ? Would anyone be interested ? I could give it
    a try, then.

    Cheers,

    Vince

    Vincent Fourmond, Nov 15, 2006
  4. Vincent Fourmond

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Nov 15, 2006, at 12:26 AM, Vincent Fourmond wrote:
    > Eric Hodel wrote:
    >>> Any hint ? Thanks !

    >> There isn't one, sorry. :(

    > Pity. Do you think it would be possible to add such a thing without
    > disturbing rdoc too much ? Would anyone be interested ? I could
    > give it
    > a try, then.

    It is a frequently requested feature, go for it.

    Eric Hodel, Nov 15, 2006
  5. On 11/15/06, Vincent Fourmond <> wrote:
    > Eric Hodel wrote:
    > >> Any hint ? Thanks !

    > > There isn't one, sorry. :(

    > Pity. Do you think it would be possible to add such a thing without
    > disturbing rdoc too much ? Would anyone be interested ? I could give it
    > a try, then.

    This would be excellent, if someone could swing it.

    Gregory Brown, Nov 15, 2006