any intrested in doing fairly simple 1 page site 4 me.(code)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by qualify19@gmail.com, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. Guest

    no servers or anything complicated like that needed. example of
    something like what i should like like is this
    http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~mseide1/ all i need is the code written
    for the following:

    All your IMG tags must use the ALT option .

    ALL pages must have the following 3 items:
     an HTML comment containing your name, lecture section and
    presentation number at the top of the file
     a title
     a copyright at the end of each page. It MUST use the copyright tag,
    not the inserted symbol @ or a (c)

    1. Your 1st web page (your “home pageâ€). This is what youdid for
    the 2 home page assignments (just print it).
    2. Your 2nd web page must be a frameset definition. You must have at
    least 4 frames defined in the set, with any layout that suits your own
    preference.
    3. Four frame pages with the contents IN THE ORDER SHOWN as specified
    below (you may add anything else you wish):
    Frame A.
    the following (anchor-tag) links or in-line images (a text link means
    text you can click on, an image link is an image you can click on):
    1) an in-line centered image not on bingsuns or bingweb (this means the
    actual file is not stored anywhere on campus)
    2) an image link to another image (you click on the 1st and get to the
    2nd)
    3) a text link to a PAGE (an HTML file) somewhere ON campus, OTHER THAN
    Bingsuns
    4) a text link to a PAGE (an HTML file) somewhere OFF-campus
    5) a text link to an IMAGE that is ON-campus (not used elsewhere in
    your pages)
    6) a text link to an IMAGE that is OFF-campus (not used elsewhere in
    your pages)
    7) a text link to a NAME anchor (the link must be in frame A and the
    target must appear in another of your frames. See the syntax for name=
    in the <frame> tag and for name= and target= in the <a> tag )
    8) 2 text links using 2 different reserved target names (see the index
    in the book), also called “magic targetsâ€
    Frame B.
    1) color-definitions for links, alinks, and vlinks and either an
    explicit color definition for background, OR a specification for
    wallpaper. The wallpaper MUST be in your public_html directory.
    2) 2 different heading tags.
    3) 2 sections of centered text, each done a different way (a <center>
    tag and an option on a tag).
    4) an EMPHASIS and a STRONG tag (one each, for separate pieces of text)
    5) at least 3 different type faces (label as 5a, 5b, & 5c,)
    6) at least 3 different text colors (label as 6a, 6b, & 6c)
    Frame C.
    1) 4 different URLs and 4 text for your Competitive Analysis. Data may
    be quotes, graphs or numeric values from your sources of information.
    Must be real data.
    2) 4 different URLs and 4 text for your Market Trends. Same rules as
    Competitive Analysis.
    3) a nested, 4-level, Ordered list. This page must NOT contain a CSS
    style for lists. Make the lists look the same as the lists in Frame 4
    (below), by using tag attributes.
    4) a nested, 4-level, Unordered List.
    Frame D.
    1) an embedded CSS <style> definition for the numbering rules for
    nested, ordered lists up to 4 levels deep, as discussd in class,such
    that all 4 levels have different numberings (e.g.;alpha, numeric,
    Roman).
    2) a nested, 4-level, Ordered List that uses the stylesheet definition
    in (D1) above
    3) a Dictionary (Glossary) List.
    4) a table containing at least 4 rows and 4 columns, with the 1st cell
    in 2nd row in a visibly different typeface.
    5) a FORM that is emailed to YOU when the "submit" button is clicked

    , Apr 10, 2006

  2. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, ""
    <> declaimed:

    > no servers or anything complicated like that needed. example of
    > something like what i should like like is this
    > http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~mseide1/ all i need is the code written
    > for the following:
    > <snip dozens of criteria>

    Yeah, right...

    This almost sounds like a classroom assignment. Remember, you're only
    cheating yourself (-unless you're married.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.

    Neredbojias, Apr 10, 2006

  3. In article <Xns97A0B74E9A9Fhttpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote:

    > This almost sounds like a classroom assignment. Remember, you're only
    > cheating yourself (-unless you're married.)

    It's that or a teacher posting to alt.html and requiring their students
    to come here for the assignment which would be a good idea except... Did
    you read some of that stuff?
    And we wonder why things don't get better. Perhaps it's a joke.

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>

    Leonard Blaisdell, Apr 10, 2006
  4. Neredbojias wrote:

    > To further the education of mankind, ""
    > <> declaimed:
    >
    >> no servers or anything complicated like that needed. example of
    >> something like what i should like like is this
    >> http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~mseide1/ all i need is the code written
    >> for the following:
    >> <snip dozens of criteria>

    > Yeah, right...
    >
    > This almost sounds like a classroom assignment. Remember, you're only
    > cheating yourself (-unless you're married.)

    GG poster. Type slowly. :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 10, 2006
  5. Laura Guest

    <> wrote in message
    no servers or anything complicated like that needed. example of
    something like what i should like like is this
    http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~mseide1/ all i need is the code written
    for the following:

    All your IMG tags must use the ALT option .

    ALL pages must have the following 3 items:
    ? an HTML comment containing your name, lecture section and
    presentation number at the top of the file
    ? a title
    ? a copyright at the end of each page. It MUST use the copyright tag,
    not the inserted symbol @ or a (c)

    1. Your 1st web page (your "home page"). This is what you did for
    the 2 home page assignments (just print it).
    ....... (cropped)

    Sounds like a school assignment since the subject does ask if anyone is
    interested. That does not sound like it is a professor writing for his
    students as supposed in another post. I think you need to do your own work
    on this, otherwise you will not learn the basics and down the road things
    will get even more confusing.

    Laura

    Laura, Apr 10, 2006
  6. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, Leonard Blaisdell <>
    declaimed:

    > In article <Xns97A0B74E9A9Fhttpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    > Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote:
    >
    >> This almost sounds like a classroom assignment. Remember, you're only
    >> cheating yourself (-unless you're married.)

    > It's that or a teacher posting to alt.html and requiring their students
    > to come here for the assignment which would be a good idea except... Did
    > you read some of that stuff?
    > And we wonder why things don't get better. Perhaps it's a joke.

    Yeah, I read it, and it reminded me of school. (Ergo, my reply.) Of
    course I always thought school was a joke so maybe you have something
    there.

    If anybody ever completes that "assignment" (-I really think it is a joke
    now,) they're going to have one helluva page.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.

    Neredbojias, Apr 10, 2006
  7. Chaddy2222 Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > To further the education of mankind, Leonard Blaisdell <>
    > declaimed:
    >
    > > In article <Xns97A0B74E9A9Fhttpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    > > Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote:
    > >
    > >> This almost sounds like a classroom assignment. Remember, you're only
    > >> cheating yourself (-unless you're married.)

    > > It's that or a teacher posting to alt.html and requiring their students
    > > to come here for the assignment which would be a good idea except... Did
    > > you read some of that stuff?
    > > And we wonder why things don't get better. Perhaps it's a joke.

    > Yeah, I read it, and it reminded me of school. (Ergo, my reply.) Of
    > course I always thought school was a joke so maybe you have something
    > there.
    >
    > If anybody ever completes that "assignment" (-I really think it is a joke
    > now,) they're going to have one helluva page.

    Well, yes. Tables are bad enough to use for layout, but they are a lot
    better then useing frames.
    If that teacher is like the IT teachers I have come accross in my high
    school days and not so much in my university life, they are usually
    quite old and have trouble keeping up with new Technology. We once had
    a lesson on networking and the students (or at least a few of them) new
    more then the teacher.

    Chaddy2222, Apr 10, 2006
  8. Jim Higson Guest

    >> If anybody ever completes that "assignment" (-I really think it is a joke
    >> now,) they're going to have one helluva page.

    > Well, yes. Tables are bad enough to use for layout, but they are a lot
    > better then useing frames.
    > If that teacher is like the IT teachers I have come accross in my high
    > school days and not so much in my university life, they are usually
    > quite old and have trouble keeping up with new Technology. We once had
    > a lesson on networking and the students (or at least a few of them) new
    > more then the teacher.

    The sad thing is this module is their idea of "ADVANCED COMPUTER
    APPLICATIONS"

    A quick look around binghamton,edu revealed this:
    http://busi.binghamton.edu/schedclass$ucrpweb.CDESCList?IN_term=20062&IN_refno=44104

    --
    Jim

    Jim Higson, Apr 10, 2006
  9. Steve Pugh Guest

    wrote:
    > no servers or anything complicated like that needed.

    That is directly contradicted by:

    > 5) a FORM that is emailed to YOU when the "submit" button is clicked

    You can not reliably have form contents e-mailed anywhere without
    something on a server to handle the form submission.

    >  a copyright at the end of each page. It MUST use the copyright tag,
    > not the inserted symbol @ or a (c)

    What's a copyright tag? A copyright statement is content not markup.
    The closest I can think of would be <meta name="copyright"
    content="&copy; Steve Pugh 2006"> but that can't go 'at the end of each
    page'.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Apr 10, 2006
  10. Andy Dingley Guest

    wrote:
    > no servers or anything complicated like that needed. example of
    > something like what i should like like is this
    > http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~mseide1/ all i need is the code written
    > for the following:

    When asking "Do my homework for me", don't make it _quite_ so obvious
    to your tutors!

    >  a copyright at the end of each page. It MUST use the copyright tag,
    > not the inserted symbol @ or a (c)

    What the hell is a "copyright tag" ?

    Andy Dingley, Apr 10, 2006
  11. Chaddy2222 Guest

    Andy Dingley wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > no servers or anything complicated like that needed. example of
    > > something like what i should like like is this
    > > http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~mseide1/ all i need is the code written
    > > for the following:

    > When asking "Do my homework for me", don't make it _quite_ so obvious
    > to your tutors!
    >

    > >  a copyright at the end of each page. It MUST use the copyright tag,
    > > not the inserted symbol @ or a (c)

    > What the hell is a "copyright tag" ?

    Now that is a bloody good question.
    Do you think he or she would siriously be able to answer it though?.

    Chaddy2222, Apr 10, 2006
  12. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "Chaddy2222"
    <> declaimed:

    >> Yeah, I read it, and it reminded me of school. (Ergo, my reply.) Of
    >> course I always thought school was a joke so maybe you have something
    >> there.
    >>
    >> If anybody ever completes that "assignment" (-I really think it is a
    >> joke now,) they're going to have one helluva page.

    > Well, yes. Tables are bad enough to use for layout, but they are a lot
    > better then useing frames.
    > If that teacher is like the IT teachers I have come accross in my high
    > school days and not so much in my university life, they are usually
    > quite old and have trouble keeping up with new Technology.

    Tell me about it! I spent half my life vying with old fogies possessed of
    anachronistic ideas and adamant stubbornness. And now that I've become a
    fogie myself, the kids have grown quite mindless...

    > We once had
    > a lesson on networking and the students (or at least a few of them)
    > new more then the teacher.

    I've run across similar things a few times in the past, too. And once or
    twice, the teacher even accepted it gracefully and endeavored to learn from
    his/her pupils.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity can have limits.

    Neredbojias, Apr 10, 2006
  13. kchayka Guest

    wrote:

    > something like what i should like like is this
    > http://bingweb.binghamton.edu/~mseide1/

    [snip "requirements"]

    ish. That's nasty stuff. If you paid to take this class, you should
    demand a refund. The instructor is clearly incompetent.

    kchayka, Apr 10, 2006
  14. Chaddy2222 Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > To further the education of mankind, "Chaddy2222"
    > <> declaimed:
    >
    > >> Yeah, I read it, and it reminded me of school. (Ergo, my reply.) Of
    > >> course I always thought school was a joke so maybe you have something
    > >> there.
    > >>
    > >> If anybody ever completes that "assignment" (-I really think it is a
    > >> joke now,) they're going to have one helluva page.

    > > Well, yes. Tables are bad enough to use for layout, but they are a lot
    > > better then useing frames.
    > > If that teacher is like the IT teachers I have come accross in my high
    > > school days and not so much in my university life, they are usually
    > > quite old and have trouble keeping up with new Technology.

    > Tell me about it! I spent half my life vying with old fogies possessed of
    > anachronistic ideas and adamant stubbornness. And now that I've become a
    > fogie myself, the kids have grown quite mindless...
    >
    > > We once had
    > > a lesson on networking and the students (or at least a few of them)
    > > new more then the teacher.

    > I've run across similar things a few times in the past, too. And once or
    > twice, the teacher even accepted it gracefully and endeavored to learn from
    > his/her pupils.

    Yes, that seamed to be the case with the situation I noticed as well.

    Chaddy2222, Apr 11, 2006