Any .NET sample projects using SSL

Gery D. Dorazio

I have to talk to an application server using SSL (version 3.0) from my web
server. The owners of the application server supplied me with an RSA Private
Key and a Certificate and asked me to install this into a file with the .pem
extension. It looks like this:

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
.......key stuff here.....
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
.......certificate stuff here.....
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

So this is not an X509 certificate format. Also, I don't know if it can be
converted into X509 or if I even need to based on how this gets implemented
in .NET.

The communications to the application server is not on port 443 and no
mention of HTTPS is stated in the requirements. The current mode of
operation is that they supply 2 DLLs that contain code built from the
OpenSSL project (www.openssl.org). They call this code from their own .NET
project which they supply for our use. However, we do not need to use any of
that code.

I do not want the dependency on the three external DLLs supplied by the
application server owners since there is no control over those DLLs unless
one gets the OpenSSL source which is available and rolls ones own. But the
OpenSSL is a behemoth, built for every platform and meant to satisfy
all...clearly not what one needs to sift through to figure out what to do.

Can anyone suggest any .NET projects that implement SSL? Ideally, it would
handle the scenareo as shown above where the key and certificate is supplied
and not installed into the certificates cache on the machine.

Thanks,
Gery

--
Gery D. Dorazio