Any way to get Soft Hyphen in JTextPane?

Discussion in 'Java' started by KellyJ, Jul 7, 2006.

  1. KellyJ

    KellyJ Guest

    We've localized some text into Chinese (traditional and simplified)

    This text is inside a JTextPane which is in one half of a splitpane.

    XXXXXXXXX[SplitPane]XXXXXXXXX
    X X X
    X X X
    X X X
    X [JTextPane] X X
    X X X
    X X X
    X X X
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    According to our native speakers, some strings of characters which should
    be able to break and wrap to the next line are being held together.

    We tried using ­ and ­ but both show visibly as a hyphen in the
    middle of the text.

    Is there a way to allow text to break which doesn't show up in JTextPane?

    -Kelly

    KellyJ, Jul 7, 2006