anyone getting rid of perlable-laptop? slow=OK. (for YAPC-trip)

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by David Combs, May 24, 2005.

  1. David Combs

    David Combs Guest

    Myself, I use a sun workstation (blade-100), and have
    no laptop (haven't needed one).

    I'm going to this year's YAPC (yet another perl conf)
    up in Toronto, and I'd really like to be able to
    try perl stuff while there -- where there'll be hundreds
    of perl mostly-experts (not me!) around to get feedback
    from.

    (Work at home, alone, with no perl expert or even user
    around to talk to here.)

    So, I'd like to get a laptop for this trip -- and
    for eg vacations.

    Question: anyone upgrading to a newer laptop, and
    wants to get rid of what he/she's got now?

    (price *is* an issue, as I don't *really* need
    a laptop for my business -- just for going to eg
    YAPC, going into NYC to a perl-event, etc.)

    Thanks!

    David Combs

    (am in New Rochelle, NY -- 30 min train ride north of Manhattan.)
    David Combs, May 24, 2005