Anyone using Jakarta Commons DBCP?

GaryM

I implemented the PoolableDriver method of connection pooling. I was
wanting to configure timesouts and max / min idle connections. I
cannot see how this can be accomplished. The page

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html

lists alot of parameters, but does not specify to which classes
apply (or it's not obvious to me).

I did noticed the BasicDatasource class

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/apidocs/org/apache/commons/dbcp/BasicDataSource.html

has all the required parameters, but does this mean I need to
implement the pool as a PoolableDatasource in order to change the
default parameters?

Any advice would be appreciated.