Apache Axis

milkyway

Hello all,

I am new to the Axis world. I was just trying to understand something.
Basically, Apache Axis will allow one to put web services on the Apache
server? I am running apache2. Is there a way to incorporate this
functionality into apache2?

I have also heard of the use of gSOAP. Can I use the gSoap with Apache
Axis?

Thanks for any hints ;-)

Regards.

Flash Gordon

milkyway said:
I am new to the Axis world. I was just trying to understand something.

Thanks for any hints ;-)

Yes, only ask in places where Axis and Apache are on topic. comp.lang.c
is not such a place, it deals with the C language not the millions of
applications written in C. I'm not convinced about the other groups you
cross posted to, but the posters there can answer for themselves.

FU set to exclude comp.lang.c

milkyway

ajm said:
wow! this is impressive the OP is not even __trying__ to be on topic!

ajm.

I had done some searches in dejanews and found a good number of
choice to post in them. Since other posters received some help in these
groups (and were not flamed for asking), I thought I would try as well.

GSoap (from my understanding) is a way to generate services for use
with SOAP servers. These services are *written in C*. Again, I saw
someone else receive help from this topic in the comp.lang.c group.

Just trying to get an understanding of how all this works. If anyone
can help, would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Martin Ambuhl

milkyway said:
GSoap (from my understanding) is a way to generate services for use
with SOAP servers. These services are *written in C*.

I have a poker-playing program written in C. I need some help. In a
5-player 7-card stud game, I hold (SA)(SK)HQ ...
Again, I saw
someone else receive help from this topic in the comp.lang.c group.

Yeh, sure. Google groups reports 4 threads, including yours. I doubt
you looked at the responses, or you would have already known you were
off-topic.

1) Yours
Apache Axis
.... Is there a way to incorporate this functionality into apache2? I
have also heard
of the use of gSOAP. Can I use the gSoap with Apache Axis? ...
comp.os.linux.development.apps - Oct 14, 1:51 am by milkyway - 4
messages - 3 authors
2)
Introducing Codase - the first powerful syntax-aware source ...
http://www.codase.com/search/text?join=libxml&scope=join/join&lang=*&project=&search=
Search (5) xmlsec, u are right on this one, no entries (6) gsoap, u are
comp.lang.c - Sep 12, 7:54 pm by Wolfgang Riedel - 9 messages - 3 authors
3)
What is the best SOAP service to use?
.... I was going to try to develop the service in C (using gSOAP) but am
now leaning
to JAVA (because a good amount of the code I have is already written in
this ...
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices - Aug 25, 4:55 am by
CBFalconer - 6 messages - 4 authors
4)
Look for SOAP implementation for C (not C++)
.... At the moment we are using GNU C on a UNIX system. gSOAP is the one that
is being maintained at present... It speaks both C and C++. ...
comp.lang.c - Nov 14 2003, 5:52 pm by Christopher Browne - 3 messages -
3 authors

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some
entries v

milkyway

Well, it does seem as though you have a lot of time on your hands -
doing searches through the net to support a flame - but whatever floats
your boat ...

Again, if anyone has any ideas or hints, I would be glad to hear them

Thanks.

Keith Thompson

milkyway said:
Well, it does seem as though you have a lot of time on your hands -
doing searches through the net to support a flame - but whatever floats
your boat ...

Again, if anyone has any ideas or hints, I would be glad to hear them

Thanks.

I'm sure you would, but comp.lang.c still isn't the place to ask about
it. Really.

Also, it's no longer clear just what you're asking, since you didn't
quote any context from the previous articles, and not everyone can see
the parent article.

I know everyone is sick of reading this, but ...

And please complain to Google about their broken interface.

Followups redirected.

Martin Ambuhl

milkyway said:
Well, it does seem as though you have a lot of time on your hands -
doing searches through the net to support a flame - but whatever floats
your boat ...
1) You made the claim that questions about GSoap had been answered in
comp.lang.c. This implies that you actually had looked; otherwise, your
claim would have been a flat lie.

2) My search took nothing more that clicking on the groups.google.com
button, clicking "advanced search", entering "GSoap" as the search in
comp.lang.c. That took maybe 20 seconds. If that's your idea of "a lot
of time", then there is something seriously wrong with you.

3) Nothing in my reply could be interpreted as a flame by anyone not
hopelessly psychotic. Draw your own conclusions.
Again, if anyone has any ideas or hints, I would be glad to hear them

Again, you are grossly off-topic in comp.lang.c. Figure it out, damn
it. Don't rerun your off-topic question. Idiot.

milkyway

Keith -
Next time, I will incorporate more examples and/or websites. I thought
someone would see the words "gSoap" and "Axis" and have an idea of what
I was speaking of ;-/ I see what you mean now about this topic not
being in comp.lang.c. This post will be the last one I make.

Martin -
For every short response/query I have you generate a long (and useless)
response. Now, you are sounding upset ... Your brilliance has been
utilized far too much in thread ;-)) Please conserve what you have
left. Go take a nap before you hurt yourself any further.

In the meantime, someone has been kind enough to answer my questions
and has given me better insight into the topic. It is good to see that
there are still some good souls out there ;-))

Chow 4 now!