    Axis?

    Thanks for any hints ;-)

    Regards.
    milkyway, Oct 14, 2005

  2. milkyway

    Flash Gordon Guest

    milkyway wrote:
    > I am new to the Axis world. I was just trying to understand something.

    <snip>

    > Thanks for any hints ;-)

    Yes, only ask in places where Axis and Apache are on topic. comp.lang.c
    is not such a place, it deals with the C language not the millions of
    applications written in C. I'm not convinced about the other groups you
    cross posted to, but the posters there can answer for themselves.

    FU set to exclude comp.lang.c
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Living in interesting times.
    Flash Gordon, Oct 14, 2005

  3. milkyway

    milkyway Guest

    ajm wrote:
    > > milkyway wrote:
    > > > I am new to the Axis world. I was just trying to understand something.

    > wow! this is impressive the OP is not even __trying__ to be on topic!
    >
    > ajm.

    I had done some searches in dejanews and found a good number of
    choice to post in them. Since other posters received some help in these
    groups (and were not flamed for asking), I thought I would try as well.

    GSoap (from my understanding) is a way to generate services for use
    with SOAP servers. These services are *written in C*. Again, I saw
    someone else receive help from this topic in the comp.lang.c group.

    Just trying to get an understanding of how all this works. If anyone
    can help, would appreciate it.

    Thanks!
    milkyway, Oct 14, 2005
  4. milkyway wrote:

    > GSoap (from my understanding) is a way to generate services for use
    > with SOAP servers. These services are *written in C*.

    I have a poker-playing program written in C. I need some help. In a
    5-player 7-card stud game, I hold (SA)(SK)HQ ...

    > Again, I saw
    > someone else receive help from this topic in the comp.lang.c group.

    Yeh, sure. Google groups reports 4 threads, including yours. I doubt
    you looked at the responses, or you would have already known you were
    off-topic.

    1) Yours
    Apache Axis
    .... Is there a way to incorporate this functionality into apache2? I
    have also heard
    of the use of gSOAP. Can I use the gSoap with Apache Axis? ...
    comp.os.linux.development.apps - Oct 14, 1:51 am by milkyway - 4
    messages - 3 authors
    2)
    Introducing Codase - the first powerful syntax-aware source ...
    http://www.codase.com/search/text?join=libxml&scope=join/join&lang=*&project=&search=
    Search (5) xmlsec, u are right on this one, no entries (6) gsoap, u are
    comp.lang.c - Sep 12, 7:54 pm by Wolfgang Riedel - 9 messages - 3 authors
    3)
    What is the best SOAP service to use?
    .... I was going to try to develop the service in C (using gSOAP) but am
    now leaning
    to JAVA (because a good amount of the code I have is already written in
    this ...
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices - Aug 25, 4:55 am by
    CBFalconer - 6 messages - 4 authors
    4)
    Look for SOAP implementation for C (not C++)
    .... At the moment we are using GNU C on a UNIX system. gSOAP is the one that
    is being maintained at present... It speaks both C and C++. ...
    comp.lang.c - Nov 14 2003, 5:52 pm by Christopher Browne - 3 messages -
    3 authors

    In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some
    entries v
    Martin Ambuhl, Oct 14, 2005
  5. milkyway

    milkyway Guest

    Well, it does seem as though you have a lot of time on your hands -
    doing searches through the net to support a flame - but whatever floats
    your boat ...

    Again, if anyone has any ideas or hints, I would be glad to hear them

    Thanks.
    milkyway, Oct 15, 2005
  6. "milkyway" <> writes:
    > Well, it does seem as though you have a lot of time on your hands -
    > doing searches through the net to support a flame - but whatever floats
    > your boat ...
    >
    > Again, if anyone has any ideas or hints, I would be glad to hear them
    >
    > Thanks.

    I'm sure you would, but comp.lang.c still isn't the place to ask about
    it. Really.

    Also, it's no longer clear just what you're asking, since you didn't
    quote any context from the previous articles, and not everyone can see
    the parent article.

    I know everyone is sick of reading this, but ...

    And please complain to Google about their broken interface.

    Followups redirected.

    Keith Thompson, Oct 15, 2005
  7. milkyway wrote:
    > Well, it does seem as though you have a lot of time on your hands -
    > doing searches through the net to support a flame - but whatever floats
    > your boat ...

    1) You made the claim that questions about GSoap had been answered in
    comp.lang.c. This implies that you actually had looked; otherwise, your
    claim would have been a flat lie.

    2) My search took nothing more that clicking on the groups.google.com
    button, clicking "advanced search", entering "GSoap" as the search in
    comp.lang.c. That took maybe 20 seconds. If that's your idea of "a lot
    of time", then there is something seriously wrong with you.

    3) Nothing in my reply could be interpreted as a flame by anyone not
    hopelessly psychotic. Draw your own conclusions.

    > Again, if anyone has any ideas or hints, I would be glad to hear them

    Again, you are grossly off-topic in comp.lang.c. Figure it out, damn
    it. Don't rerun your off-topic question. Idiot.
    Martin Ambuhl, Oct 15, 2005
  8. milkyway

    milkyway Guest

    Keith -
    Next time, I will incorporate more examples and/or websites. I thought
    someone would see the words "gSoap" and "Axis" and have an idea of what
    I was speaking of ;-/ I see what you mean now about this topic not
    being in comp.lang.c. This post will be the last one I make.

    Martin -
    For every short response/query I have you generate a long (and useless)
    response. Now, you are sounding upset ... Your brilliance has been
    utilized far too much in thread ;-)) Please conserve what you have
    left. Go take a nap before you hurt yourself any further.

    In the meantime, someone has been kind enough to answer my questions
    and has given me better insight into the topic. It is good to see that
    there are still some good souls out there ;-))

    Chow 4 now!

    milkyway, Oct 16, 2005