Apache Lucene Porter Stemming

Hollow Quincy

Hi,

I would like to produce stem from english word using Apache Lucene
library (newest version - 3.4).
I would like to call some method and get result:
someStemmer.getStem("loved"); and get for example "lov".
In older version of this library I can see class
"org.apache.lucene.analysis.PorterStemmer", but in newest it is
private class..
In newest version I can see
"org.apache.lucene.analysis.PorterStemFilter", but it doesn't contain
methods I am looking for.

Is it possible to get stem from word using Apache Lucene library ? If
it is possible, how to do it ?

Thank you very much