App getting bigger and bigger

Yannick Turgeon

Hello all,

I just make a program in perl. My first one in fact. Which use some WWW
packages to start a http session, log to a site, download some pages and treat
these data.

The problem I have now it's that while executing, my program is taking
more and more memory. What should I look for to solve this? Perl has a
garbagge collector so I did not worry freing anything. Should I?

The program is a endless loop (while(1)...). At each iteration it creates
objects inside the only function called:

Create my objects Obj
while(1){
Obj->CallMyFunction();
sleep(60);
}

I supposed every object and variable created inside CallMyFunction() were
freed from memory after quiting the function. Inside this function, I
create another type of object which has "Obj" has member variable. Could it
cause a problem. I do not store anything in Obj at each iteration. It has
its initial variables and they don't change.

Hope it's clear and thanks for your help.

Yannick

Yannick Turgeon

Forget about this.

One of the package I use was storing EVERY webpage I was downloading to
provide some other functionality. You can imagine!

Yannick