    Thanks
    Regards
    John
    John, Oct 27, 2006

  2. the aspnet compiler builds the app code into a dll it places in the bin
    folder of the target dir.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Oct 27, 2006

  3. John

    John Guest

    Yes it does on my development machine, or when I do a Publish from within
    Visual Studio, but if I build a Web Setup project it doesn't get included in
    the project outputs, so doesn't get installed.

    John

    "bruce barker (sqlwork.com)" <> wrote
    in message news:%23w3zrwd%...

    John, Oct 27, 2006
  4. You could manually compile the helper files you have in App_Code,
    and place *that* in the /bin directory.

    The Web setup project *will* pick it up.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================
    "John" <> wrote in message news:eeUHfzd%...
    > Yes it does on my development machine, or when I do a Publish from within Visual Studio, but if I
    > build a Web Setup project it doesn't get included in the project outputs, so doesn't get
    > installed.
    >
    > John
    >

    > "bruce barker (sqlwork.com)" <> wrote in message
    >> the aspnet compiler builds the app code into a dll it places in the bin folder of the target dir.
    >>
    >> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >>
    >> "John" <> wrote in message news:eryXKfd%...
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a web project, that includes an App_Code folder - code in this folder gets built into a
    >>> dll, but I have no control over the name of this dll.
    >>>
    >>> If I create a web setup project, all the content files, and the dll's from any libraries used by
    >>> my project all end up in the setup output, but the App_Code dll does not. How do I get this dll
    >>> included in the setup so it can be installed with the rest of my code?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Regards

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 27, 2006
  5. John,
    If this kind of behavior bothers you (it bothered me!) then switch to the
    Web Application Project add-in and your projects will all behave like VS.NET
    2003, with a single assembly in the /bin folder.
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Oct 27, 2006
  6. John

    John Guest

    If I manually publish my web site before I build the setup program, then I
    can include the App_Code.dll generated by the publish in my setup.

    How do I get the build of the setup program to automatically do a publish as
    part of the build process ?

    John, Oct 30, 2006
  7. John

    John Guest

    What I needed was the web deployment add-in - this combines the output dll's
    into one which I can then install.

    The Web Application project looks much better though, as it also allows
    debugging of multiple web-projects in a solution. I'll look at porting my
    project to this.

    Thanks
    John

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > If I manually publish my web site before I build the setup program, then I
    > can include the App_Code.dll generated by the publish in my setup.
    >
    > How do I get the build of the setup program to automatically do a publish
    > as part of the build process ?
    >

    > "Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >> John,
    >> If this kind of behavior bothers you (it bothered me!) then switch to the
    >> Web Application Project add-in and your projects will all behave like
    >> VS.NET
    >> 2003, with a single assembly in the /bin folder.
    >> Peter
    >>
    >> --
    >> Co-founder, Eggheadcafe.com developer portal:
    >> http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    >> UnBlog:
    >> http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
    >>

    >> "John" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I have a web project, that includes an App_Code folder - code in this
    >>> folder
    >>> gets built into a dll, but I have no control over the name of this dll.
    >>>
    >>> If I create a web setup project, all the content files, and the dll's
    >>> from
    >>> any libraries used by my project all end up in the setup output, but the
    >>> App_Code dll does not. How do I get this dll included in the setup so it
    >>> can
    >>> be installed with the rest of my code?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Regards

    John, Oct 30, 2006
  8. John

    ansariwn

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    App_Code.dll

    For completion,

    Go to Property Pages of your Web Deployment project, Click 'OutputAssemblies' from the tree view and select 'Merge each individual folder output to its own assembly' radio button. It work for me.

    The output Bin folder now contained App_Code.dll, App_global.asax.dll and App_GlobalResources.dll.

    HTH
    ansariwn, Mar 28, 2011