applet out of jsp

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Christian_B=FCttner?=

hi,

first of all, i am from germany. So sorry for my english..

My problem is a jsp with jstl projekt. I have to reproduce it for a
pocket pc. the new application on the ppc has to run as an offline
application with a CE Database as backend. the database will be
replicated on a sqlserver.
Trying to run a server on a pocket pc and customise the frontend is
nonsense. (I don´t know if it´s even possible, to do this)

My thoughts are making an applet out of the jsp.
Is this possible, or shall i try it with .NET. (i have to rewrite the
whole code in .NET of course)

What do you think. How would you solve this problem?

Christian

John C. Bollinger

Christian said:
hi,

first of all, i am from germany. So sorry for my english..

My problem is a jsp with jstl projekt. I have to reproduce it for a
pocket pc. the new application on the ppc has to run as an offline
application with a CE Database as backend. the database will be
replicated on a sqlserver.
Trying to run a server on a pocket pc and customise the frontend is
nonsense. (I don´t know if it´s even possible, to do this)

My thoughts are making an applet out of the jsp.
Is this possible, or shall i try it with .NET. (i have to rewrite the
whole code in .NET of course)

What do you think. How would you solve this problem?

I think it's odd in the first place to build a local application with
JSP. I furthermore think that an applet gives you essentially none of
the things that JSP / JSTL gives you, but does impose some restrictions,
so if doing the project as an applet makes any sense at all then doing
it as a regular Java application makes even more sense.

It sounds like you are going to have to recode most, perhaps all, of the
application in any case. Either Java or .NET should be suitable (though
I'm no expert on Pocket PC), so choose the one you like best or are most
familiar with.

William Brogden

hi,

first of all, i am from germany. So sorry for my english..

My problem is a jsp with jstl projekt. I have to reproduce it for a
pocket pc. the new application on the ppc has to run as an offline
application with a CE Database as backend. the database will be
replicated on a sqlserver.
Trying to run a server on a pocket pc and customise the frontend is
nonsense. (I don´t know if it´s even possible, to do this)

My thoughts are making an applet out of the jsp.
Is this possible, or shall i try it with .NET. (i have to rewrite the
whole code in .NET of course)

What do you think. How would you solve this problem?

I don't think there is anything in a JSP that translates well to
an applet. A JSP generated HTML page depends on the browser for
all user interface events but an applet must have specific code
for every user action.

Anyway, a well designed JSP should consist only of presentation
code, with "business logic" handled by helper classes (frequently
JavaBean type) - if you are fortunate to have a well designed JSP
project, reuse the beans, not the JSP.
Bill

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Christian_B=FCttner?=

thats what i hope too.
i also hope, that i can use all methods in a pda environment.
i use eclipse. do you know if there is a plugin to transfer "normal"
beans to the jem2 environment?
by the way, is j2me what i have to use to make a pda applikation, or is
there an other environment, i have to use?

christian