Applet to Servlet to JSP communications

BryarWoilf

Hi all,

I'm still somewhat new to servlet/JSP programming, but I want to my
application to use the MVC model.

I have some simple JSP pages that dynamically open an applet that the user
uses for data entry.

The applet then opens a channel to the servlet and passes the data to the
servlet in a serialized object. I have tested this part of the
communication by having the servlet send the data back to the applet to
display.

This next step is giving me a problem. What I want to do is have the
servlet perform database searches based on the data from the applet and
forwarding the formatted results to a JSP. I'm testing this architecture
using a dummy JSP page for now.

I've tried to reconfigure the applet to NOT wait for the datastream from
the servlet, but it appears that it still is. I've place the test
software in the NetBeans IDE to get better access to debug information. I
can see the JSP page being called from the servlet, but then the applet
returns an error about the datastream header being wrong.

I need some help with this critical point. How do I get the applet to not
be waiting for communication from the servlet and let the JSP page be
displayed as expected?

Thanks, Michael