Applet to Servlet to JSP communications

Discussion in 'Java' started by BryarWoilf, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. BryarWoilf

    BryarWoilf Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm still somewhat new to servlet/JSP programming, but I want to my
    application to use the MVC model.

    I have some simple JSP pages that dynamically open an applet that the user
    uses for data entry.

    The applet then opens a channel to the servlet and passes the data to the
    servlet in a serialized object. I have tested this part of the
    communication by having the servlet send the data back to the applet to
    display.

    This next step is giving me a problem. What I want to do is have the
    servlet perform database searches based on the data from the applet and
    forwarding the formatted results to a JSP. I'm testing this architecture
    using a dummy JSP page for now.

    I've tried to reconfigure the applet to NOT wait for the datastream from
    the servlet, but it appears that it still is. I've place the test
    software in the NetBeans IDE to get better access to debug information. I
    can see the JSP page being called from the servlet, but then the applet
    returns an error about the datastream header being wrong.

    I need some help with this critical point. How do I get the applet to not
    be waiting for communication from the servlet and let the JSP page be
    displayed as expected?

    Thanks, Michael

    BryarWoilf, Aug 22, 2003