    with local settings.

    Can anyone recommend anything? (my first born will be
    given your name if you can help me solve this)

    Marty, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Marty,

    What database are you using?
    Is the database on the same machine as your web server?
    Is the database on the same network as your web server?
    What connection method are you using?
    Minus the username/password, what is your connection string?

    Answer these questions and I'm sure we'll try and help you out.

    All the best,
    Anthony

    Anthony Williams, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Thank you Anthony...

    I'm using MS Access 2000.

    The DB is on the same machine as the ASP site. First I
    tried using a DSNLess connection, but have reverted to
    using a system DSN, with the connection string stored in
    the web.config file as:

    <appSettings>
    <add key="DSN" value="DSN=myPC;UID=;PWD=;"/>
    </appSettings>

    Even using this message, I am getting the same issue.

    The thing I can determine is that all works OK (even
    simple select queries against the database), but when I
    try to instantiate a class of any kind I get the hang.
    If it makes any difference, all classes have the
    <serializable()> attribute.

    I really appreciate any assistance. I'm at a dead end as
    far as trying to figure this out on my own. I've
    researched newsgroups to the end of the universe and have
    implemented every solution mentioned, but to no avail.

    I've also added security permissions (Everyone - Full
    Access) to the entire site folder.

    HELP!

    Marty, Nov 18, 2003