Application hangs, trace not working

Marty

I can navigate all over my site when there is no DB
involved, but as soon as I hit the database, the page
hangs and times out. Since the page does not change, the
trace debugging does not tell me what is going on. In
fact, when I step through the routines, all database
routines end nicely. My connections are closed, and I'm
not caught in any loops. The weird thing is that the
site runs fine on my development computer, but hangs on
others, so I'm left thinking it is a local security
issue, or something in the web.config file that conflicts
with local settings.

Can anyone recommend anything? (my first born will be
given your name if you can help me solve this)

Anthony Williams

Marty,

What database are you using?
Is the database on the same machine as your web server?
Is the database on the same network as your web server?
What connection method are you using?
Minus the username/password, what is your connection string?

Answer these questions and I'm sure we'll try and help you out.

All the best,
Anthony

Marty

Thank you Anthony...

I'm using MS Access 2000.

The DB is on the same machine as the ASP site. First I
tried using a DSNLess connection, but have reverted to
using a system DSN, with the connection string stored in
the web.config file as:

<appSettings>
<add key="DSN" value="DSN=myPC;UID=;PWD=;"/>
</appSettings>

Even using this message, I am getting the same issue.

The thing I can determine is that all works OK (even
simple select queries against the database), but when I
try to instantiate a class of any kind I get the hang.
If it makes any difference, all classes have the
<serializable()> attribute.

I really appreciate any assistance. I'm at a dead end as
far as trying to figure this out on my own. I've
researched newsgroups to the end of the universe and have
implemented every solution mentioned, but to no avail.

I've also added security permissions (Everyone - Full
Access) to the entire site folder.

HELP!