Application Restart 0147 Error

Shankar

The system occasionally comes up with an error message
saying Application
Restarting ASP_0147. Is there anyway to stop this error
from happening. Once
this happens the whole session is lost. Since our
application is based on
session based variables, its causing awful lot of
annoyance to the users.
The system runs on IIS 5/WIN2000 Server. The application
has hundreds of
virtual directories on a single website.

I have taken few steps to get rid of this restarting
problem but all in
vain.
1. Checked for antivirus software on the system which
might scan the
global.asa file and cause the application to restart.
Unfortunately no
antivirus software is installed on that machine.
2. Changed the application architecture such that the
application works
without the global.asa file. (Removed the global.asa file
from the
application). But the problem is still happening
occasionally.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Shankar.