Application Restarts

Senthil

Hello All,

I'm facing a peculiar problem with the web application
that we have developed.

Whenever a small change has been done in an ASPX page & is
replaced on the web server & when this page is being
accessed through the browser all the sessions on the
server gets lost.

I understand that whenever a DLL is replaced then all
existing sessions will be lost - but in this case the ASPX
page does not contain any code behind. Its just a normal
page with textual content. We have set application level
cache set for caching purposes. Also this does not happen
with one specific ASPX file - any ASPX file replaced on
the server AND when that particular file is requested the
sessions are lost ( basically the application restarts
itself).

Please advice

Thanks in advance for your replies

Regards

Senthil

Natty Gur

Any chance that you are writing some kind of log files to the Bin
directory. every change in the bin directory result in application
reset.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

Senthil

Hello Natty:

Yes. The error handler writes to a txt file which was
placed inside the bin folder. We moved the file & tested
it & it worked fine.

Thanks a lot for your response.

Senthil