application session

simon

In global.asax.vb I have:

Sub Application_Start(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
' Fires when the application is started
Application("OZN") = "HUF"
End Sub

But then on some the page nothing shows:

<%=Application("OZN")%>

What that could be?

No error message and normal session also work. For example:

sesion("test")= "HUF" works.

Just application session won't work.

Any idea why?

Thanks,S

Mr Newbie

I think the binding statement have to be to a public variable of the
webform. In addition you have to run Page.DataBind during Page_Load event to
make it appear.

Have not tied this directly for globals, but if it doesent work then you
could allways assign the global to the page public variable before databind
occurs

Bruce Barker

<%= %> is not a binding syntax, so there is no need to do a databind. either
the Application_Start event is not firing, or you have code that clears the
value.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Mr Newbie

I misread the text then. Is <% functionaName() % > A way of binding ( Or
whatever term you want to use ) to the return value of a global function ?

Thanks in advance