    I am familiar with ColdFusion but never done it with ASP.
    Any help is appreciated,

    Teo
    Teo, Oct 27, 2005

  2. Teo wrote:
    > I am building this application that I want users to log into my system with
    > their login and password stored on a DB.
    > After I do the check I want to clear them to access a specific folder on my
    > website that will be restricted only to them.
    > What is the best way to create an application variable file that will store
    > the user information and a specific timeout for when the user stops using
    > the system it kicks him out back to the login screen.
    > Is there a way to do this in ASP.NET?
    > I am familiar with ColdFusion but never done it with ASP.

    Teo, this is probably not the best newsgroup to ask this, try the
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet newsgroup instead next time.
    This newsgroup is for discussions on building custom, compiled server
    controls.

    In any event, ASP.NET 1.x does provide an easy-to-use forms-based
    authentication piece, see this article for more info:

    Using Forms-Based Authentication in ASP.NET

    ASP.NET 2.0 provides the membership functionality which makes doing this
    stuff REALLY easy.

    --

    Scott Mitchell [ASP.NET MVP]

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com/ScottMitchell