Approach

Just Me

Hi,

Im jsut wondering how yo experts would best approach this problem.

I have two entities, Course and CourseDetail. The Course has things like
title, version, component, cost etc etc, and the CourseDetail has multiple
related records regarding the content of the course itself.

So, In an ideal world, you would have it all on one form with perhaps the
detail on the bottom, or using tabbed control or something of the like. The
problem, its that the form code then becomes a little too complex for my
liking so, I want to have the CourseDetails on a seperate form. The idea
being that from a CoursesView, the user clicks the open view and brings up
the Course Form.

From the course form, we then have several options to edit the detail, but
we must display the detail records in a control on this form.

1.) Use another opopup form to actually,create edit a CourseDetail record.
2.) Place fields on this form in which to create/edit CourseDetail Records
3.) Something else.

Does anyone have any suggestions to simplify or COOLasize this operation so
its slick and codeworthy.

Cheers

Mark Rae

Does anyone have any suggestions to simplify or COOLasize this operation
so its slick and codeworthy.

Depending on the amount of detail in the CourseDetails, I'd probably use a
GridView for those which would allow easy data entry.

However, I would really advise you to avoid popup forms, especially on a
public Internet site...

Just Me

Thanks,

OK, is there an implicit way to create new records within the gridview on
the web, or does this have to be done manually using the table adapter or
datasource.

Just Me

Thanks but that was simply too volumous, I was ideally looking for expert
inspiration.

I simply ignored that and added a new row to the bound data, then Edit
selected the last item for edit.