    Thanks,
    Marvin
    , Sep 26, 2008

  2. I have heard nothing of the sort. If you have a cite, post it. If it is from
    someone on the ASP.NET team, it would be worth being concerned about.
    Otherwise, it is probably just someone blowing smoke.

    Consdering web work is a prime use of Visual Studio and VB is still a
    popular language, it would be a stupid move IMO. Of course, I have not seen
    the latest stats, so maybe there is evidence more than 90% of the people are
    using C# in web work. I doubt it, but I would not fret until the stats
    warrant fretting. While Microsoft may make some mistakes, they generally
    will not shoot themselves in the foot to the extent people have told you.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |
    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Sep 26, 2008

  3. bruce barker Guest

    no. In fact future versions of .net should better support more dynamic
    languages like python & ruby (isome of the newer features will only be useful
    in these languages).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Sep 26, 2008
  4. Hillbilly Guest

    Some of us could only wish (contentiously) but quite frankly those who stuck
    to VB rather than adapt and move forward would cry and stomp their feet on
    the floor as they have a history of doing. Actually, you should be more
    concerned about two new languages under development, F# and D.

    VB.NET was and remains developed using C# but apparently even C# was not
    designed to support high performance computing supporting multi-core
    parallel processing platforms that are now emerging. Hence new languages
    such as F# and D.

    So we are all in for new challenges which demand change but the VB
    developers? They simply do not want mommy to take the bib off so it will be
    very interesting to see how the future plays out with the real demands
    programming languages are now being compelled to cope with.

    Hillbilly, Sep 26, 2008